Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Your photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    This feeds into my obsession with New York City AND abandoned building photography. Quit reading my diary!
    Then you'll be jealous, as I'm planning on being in the city (as we call it, when it's literally in our backyards) all day Saturday. I'm thinking this will involve a trip to The Met and a stroll through Central Park, since it's looking to be a spectacular sunny Saturday. And then perhaps we'll finish it off with a pie at Lombardi's! But before I do any of that, I'll need to figure out which TB bag will accompany me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Then you'll be jealous, as I'm planning on being in the city (as we call it, when it's literally in our backyards) all day Saturday. I'm thinking this will involve a trip to The Met and a stroll through Central Park, since it's looking to be a spectacular sunny Saturday. And then perhaps we'll finish it off with a pie at Lombardi's! But before I do any of that, I'll need to figure out which TB bag will accompany me :-)

Oh boy! That sounds like a fun day! I think one of the first places I go when I finally make it to NYC will be The Met.

This sounds like a job for the Medium Cafe Bag . It's my favorite bag to take with me when I'm spending the day around Seattle .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Oh boy! That sounds like a fun day! I think one of the first places I go when I finally make it to NYC will be The Met.
    It's a must-see! Of course, it's impossible to see it all in one day, but if you plan your visit wisely, it will be an enjoyable experience. And when you do finally make it here, you must have a real bagel, and of course, real pizza!

[/QUOTE]This sounds like a job for the Medium Cafe Bag . It's my favorite bag to take with me when I'm spending the day around Seattle .
    [/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking, although the most excellent Co-Pilot might be the one I grab. Probably the Black/Iberian, and not the Cardinal one (yes, I have two...), since black is the first color choice for New York :-). I'll probably be toting my new Canon G12 and iPad, so the extra space and organization will come in handy. I'll be sure and post some pictures of whichever bag I take.

Volunteer Moderator
    This feeds into my obsession with New York City AND abandoned building photography. Quit reading my diary!
    Is this the place to mention that I have all the Robert A. M. Stern New York [1880-2000] Architecture and Urbanism books? (Some things can't be replaced by the Kindle).
    Take pictures!
    It's a must-see! Of course, it's impossible to see it all in one day, but if you plan your visit wisely, it will be an enjoyable experience. And when you do finally make it here, you must have a real bagel, and of course, real pizza!
    You know, someone from Chicago (which definition doesn't include me) might dispute NYC as being the source of "real pizza". And for some of the best real bagels you might want to go to Brooklyn, but here are some sources: The 6 Best Bagel Shops In NYC « CBS New York and As H&H Struggles, Who Really Makes New York’s Best Bagels? -- Grub Street New York

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Is this the place to mention that I have all the Robert A. M. Stern New York [1880-2000] Architecture and Urbanism books? (Some things can't be replaced by the Kindle).

You know, someone from Chicago (which definition doesn't include me) might dispute NYC as being the source of "real pizza". And for some of the best real bagels you might want to go to Brooklyn, but here are some sources: The 6 Best Bagel Shops In NYC « CBS New York and As H&H Struggles, Who Really Makes New York’s Best Bagels? -- Grub Street New York

moriond

I love bagels!!!!! Perhaps this is why our phone conversations are so awesome! Those books are now on my amazon wishlist .

Are you reading my diary too?

I think the Neapolitans might also dispute the pizza verace thing as well.

moriond
    I'll take New York pizza ANY day. Not a big fan of the deep dish (no offense to any Chicago TB fans). And would you believe I've had bagels at all of those places? :-D

No diary reading, just a lucky guess. Have you ever come across Eric Holubow's work? His main website is eric holubow: urban exploration photographer and it has a link to his Flickr page. He's photographed abandoned places all over the US. I find some of his photo a bit too extreme HDR, but always beautifully composed. If you have an obsession with Detroit or theaters, you might want to check out www.marchandmeffre.com; I find a sense of humor in some of those pieces, like "Melted Clock, Case Technical School".
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Just had a crazy weekend in the middle of nowhere, Texas:

http://www.playthisrecord.com

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Wow!!!!!!!!! Those are amazing! I didn't know Texas could be so pretty!

I might as well share this one, too. Here's the common room at the ridiculously huge house we stayed at Saturday night:

http://www.playthisrecord.com

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Those photos are gorgeous...and make me home-sick!

~Tik

Really great pics. I wonder if the home owners are vegetarian.

Lovely shots!
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

Just wondering what you were shooting with!

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0