Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Your photos!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    This thread is turning into unfair advertisement for cats!

Keep it going.
    There are plenty of kitties in local shelters waiting to go to a good home.

Cheers!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    No, he grew out of the box so to speak. Hence repairing it would mean he would attempt to fit all of himself in it and once again - the sides would split. He doesn't seem to mind / notice that it is no longer in "like-new" condition. He still curls up in it, well technically curls up on it. He uses it as a slide too. I just keep it out for him at all times, and he'll spot a toy on the carpet and dive bomb onto the box and slide over to the toy across the room. He must think if he is "hidden" by the box, the prey will not really notice him as he quickly slides in to pounce. The box has been in this condition for some time. When people see it, they ask why don't I throw it away, or at least get him a new one. I've given him bigger boxes, and he'll play in them for all of ten seconds before returning to this flattened chewed up piece of cardboard.
    I. Need. Videos.

If you started a blog about him and his quirky antics, I would definitely read it with as much dedication as I read Cat Versus Human (which is every day)!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

There are plenty of kitties in local shelters waiting to go to a good home.

Cheers!
    I try to avoid trips to Petsmart for that very fact, most of them, have a cat adoption area which is usually where dog rescues set up their weekly adoption days.
    We cannot get a furry friend, yet.

Oh no! My husband just linked a video of a cat playing.

I better get out of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I. Need. Videos.

If you started a blog about him and his quirky antics, I would definitely read it with as much dedication as I read Cat Versus Human (which is every day)!
    Cheers Katy!

If I can get the camera out fast enough, I'll try to get a video. Good idea actually, so I can save a video for the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I try to avoid trips to Petsmart for that very fact, most of them, have a cat adoption area which is usually where dog rescues set up their weekly adoption days.
    We cannot get a furry friend, yet.

Oh no! My husband just linked a video of a cat playing.

I better get out of the thread.
    I do not have the courage to go to the shelters anymore, as I want to bring them all home! There's (at least) one shelter here that had a sign by a cat's cage that stated "I've been here the longest!" Talk about playing on your emotions, hence I burst into tears. I just don't have the strength, I know they are there, and want them rescued, and I have adopted strays in the past. Beautiful creatures who are grateful to be helped and rescued. I feel they choose us as much as we may think we choose them.

Although - I admit - I got my cat from a breeder. I hoped for the Siamese colourings anyway. Although I think I also "saved" my cat by giving him a better life. He was going to go Pittsburgh to be a show cat, and hence I think I "saved" him from such a life!

Cheers!

Our red corgi was also meant to be a show dog. He was actually imported to the States from New Zealand, if you can believe it, for the very purpose. For whatever reason, it didn't work out--so he was neutered (!) and he came to live with us. He's living the life--demanding we feed him his bananas and yogurt, and taking up way too much room on the couch. He also likes to cram himself into the puppy's little bed, which is for an animal a quarter of the size he is. (Sorry for blurry/dark iPhone pic.)

What - no kiwi and yogurt? Does he have an "All Blacks" name - as I try to review the names of the rugby team members in my head....(it is Rugby Worlld Cup time after all!)

Actually - would like to hear his name. Or the real name he has. (Those show / papers names can be rather long winded.) Either way - would love to hear about the names.

He is a darling! And despite being squeezed into the bed, he obviously is comfortable and enjoys it! Although after flying all that way, probably in the cargo hold too - he must be grateful for finally winning the puppy lottery to be able to live with you!

@ Maria, I'm so embarrassed about our dogs' registered [show] names that I almost don't want to tell you. But what the hell; here goes: Our red/white was part of a litter that was named after 50s-60s music personalities, and he was christened Jerry Lee, and called Lewis. This was unacceptable to us, so we re-named him Titus--after the character played by Ray Stevenson on Rome.

The puppy (who is now 6 months old today) was born to a dog whose registered name was Chocolate E'Claire (kid you not), so all of pups were called Chocolate-Something. Ours? Chocolate Mousse. We call him Hector, after the Trojan prince in The Iliad.

Jerry Lee and Chocolate Mousse. sigh . . .

Titus does like kiwi, but bananas are his fave. He also likes Belgian endive and grapefruit. He is very expensive to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @ Maria, I'm so embarrassed about our dogs' registered [show] names that I almost don't want to tell you. But what the hell; here goes: Our red/white was part of a litter that was named after 50s-60s music personalities, and he was christened Jerry Lee, and called Lewis. This was unacceptable to us, so we re-named him Titus--after the character played by Ray Stevenson on Rome.

The puppy (who is now 6 months old today) was born to a dog whose registered name was Chocolate E'Claire (kid you not), so all of pups were called Chocolate-Something. Ours? Chocolate Mousse. We call him Hector, after the Trojan prince in The Iliad.

Jerry Lee and Chocolate Mousse. sigh . . .

Titus does like kiwi, but bananas are his fave. He also likes Belgian endive and grapefruit. He is very expensive to maintain.
    You saved him! You really did - imagine having to be called a show name of such fluff! (Really - the nerve!) I actually feel for the poor dogs (and cats) that have to have such names. I do like your new chosen names from the classics - cannot go wrong with that! (The Odyssey is a favourite of mine!)

I named my cat after my favourite F1 drive, sadly now retired. Mika - as in Mika Häkkinen.

My Mika shuns all people food - even tuna and bacon from a frying pan. All the more you should spoil them with good food if they will eat it!

Cheers!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    This is kind of a post for TB bag and other stuff. My now 7 year old's shopping spree (LEGO) with his birthday monies was rather nicely contained in my UV shop bag.

I really, really like TB Bags!

He looks so happy!!!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    He is so happy! He LOVES Legos! It was on the walk back from the store to Chick-fil-A with said Lego's in bag when I carefully showed him the label as he was asking yet another time what I wanted for my birthday, lol.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Too adorable !

Dorayme - you have absolutely beautiful children! And this shot is especially lovely as that gorgeous big smile surrounded by his Lego's.

Dorayme - you have absolutely beautiful children! And this shot is especially lovely as that gorgeous big smile surrounded by his Lego's.
    I second that.

You all have luminous smiles!
    dorayme likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0