Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Your photos!

[QUOTE=TXGirl;29637]Here's a pic of my mom's cat drinking from the faucet. He loves water!

CUTE! Does he drink out of a bowl, or only want the freshest water from the faucet? I suspect he may learn ago turn it on by himself too!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

[QUOTE=Maria;29638]
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Here's a pic of my mom's cat drinking from the faucet. He loves water!

CUTE! Does he drink out of a bowl, or only want the freshest water from the faucet? I suspect he may learn ago turn it on by himself too!
    He drinks from a bowl as well but as soon as you turn on a faucet he is immediately right there. Occasionally, they'll run a slow steam for him in the bathroom sink for him to play in. He loves sticking his paws in the running water.
    Maria likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Here's a shot of my cat Samson... he likes to get in the shower and drink from the rainfall shower head!
    Katy and Maria like this.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Kids in Uganda

Here is a fave photo from friend John Cho. We traveled with a team to Uganda in July to speak at a conference. (my first photo upload - hope it works...)

Name:  Joyful Hop small - John Cho-1.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  311.6 KB
    Last edited by TavaPeak; 09-23-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: clueless at uploads

Yonkdaddy - this shot shows it once again - cats are characters!

TavaPeak - what a beautiful shot! Those heartwarming smiles!
    Katy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    TavaPeak - what a beautiful shot! Those heartwarming smiles!
    Yep, wish I could take credit for the shot! ;-) The people of Uganda were amazing.

TavaPeak, this is amazing. What a special opportunity to go to Uganda, what beautiful children/spirits!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    TavaPeak, this is amazing. What a special opportunity to go to Uganda, what beautiful children/spirits!
    There were 2 pro-quality photographers traveling with the conference team, and we got some amazing shots. Wish I could upload all the photos of the East African women who attended the pastor training conference -- such beauty and dignity.

We got upgraded to biz class for the long haul from Dulles to Ethiopia. There is a bad photo of me getting settled in before the flight...but the Tri-Star looks good! ;-) Tri-Star was a great companion for this trip. I used a compression bag for all the skirts I needed to take. Love love love those O-rings and pouches! I always knew where everything was.
    dorayme likes this.

Cats have their preferences

This shoe box has been a favourite toy / napping spot since he was a kitten. However, he will not accept another as a replacement - such as say something much larger and perhaps more comfortable?
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Oh no! In the last photo it looks like he broke the box! Did you repair it for him?

Also, he was quite adorable as a kitten (not that he isn't good looking now).
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Maria he's very handsome!
    Katy likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

This thread is turning into unfair advertisement for cats!

Keep it going.
    Katy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Oh no! In the last photo it looks like he broke the box! Did you repair it for him?

Also, he was quite adorable as a kitten (not that he isn't good looking now).
    No, he grew out of the box so to speak. Hence repairing it would mean he would attempt to fit all of himself in it and once again - the sides would split. He doesn't seem to mind / notice that it is no longer in "like-new" condition. He still curls up in it, well technically curls up on it. He uses it as a slide too. I just keep it out for him at all times, and he'll spot a toy on the carpet and dive bomb onto the box and slide over to the toy across the room. He must think if he is "hidden" by the box, the prey will not really notice him as he quickly slides in to pounce. The box has been in this condition for some time. When people see it, they ask why don't I throw it away, or at least get him a new one. I've given him bigger boxes, and he'll play in them for all of ten seconds before returning to this flattened chewed up piece of cardboard.

In the above photos, you can see the progression in size by his markings. They get darker as they get older, and are set by about four years old. He's four now. The second to last photo was taken at 11 months, and the box still had all four sides attached.

At least he can safely fit in the following - his cat tree with a little hidey-hole. It has an opening at the top so he can climb in that way. Sometimes I see his bottom and tail sticking up out of the top while he tries to dig around with a toy that fell in. If he ever got stuck in this, the sides wouldn't give way like the box. Thankfully, he fits and can even turn around in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maria; 09-27-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Maria he's very handsome!
    Thank you TXGirl. I think he's very handsome too, but am rather biased.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0