Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Your photos!

Last night, I decided that I was going to do some manual bracketing and start working with HDR. After I finally pulled myself from bed today, I decided to go take some pictures of my Dad's house that is in process of being sold. Anyways, after playing around with the HDR merge in CS5, I came up with the following: Image is comprised from 5 images taken with my d3100 w/ 35mm at f/4 and 100 ISO

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Zach I am photoilliterate. . . I am assuming the exposure is something that you also tweaked? Neat photo.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Yes. Some high end dSLR's have bracketing. Bracketing essentially is taking the same picture, with the same film speed (iso) and depth of field (f/stop), but with different exposures. So I had 5 different exposures for Photoshop to work with--plus reading up on some presets for the adjustments you can make. Scott Kelby is a pretty good resource for his Photoshop books; I think I'm going to take the dive and purchase his digital photography book as well.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I just can't stop taking pictures! I ran out tonight to get some pictures before the sun disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    I just can't stop taking pictures! I ran out tonight to get some pictures before the sun disappeared.

Gorgeous! It looks like you went for a more realistic effect with the HDR here, and I think it brings out the colors and light/shadow play in this photo beautifully. You are a natural with this!

There are two resources you may want to check out with HDR. One is Photomatix, which is relatively inexpensive software (or plug-ins for Aperture, Lightroom, or Photoshop). It has both Windows and Mac versions, and you can download a free trial here:

Download HDR photography software Photomatix

The other is a book entitled "Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography" by Ferrell McCullough. This book really helped me understand what Photomatix (and other HDR software) was doing to achieve the various effects that it does. I also like Ben Long's "Complete Guide to Digital Photography," and Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure." I keep going back to these two books to try and help me get the most out of my camera.

I don't have a high end camera, but both my Olympus e620 DSLR and my little Panasonic Lumix ZS3, which is a point and shoot, have automatic bracketing for exposure; boy, does it make HDR a lot easier. Though they only do shots at three different exposures, not five as you are doing manually. Actually, because I still don't feel confident with my exposures in any situation, I always bracket, with every shot. Call it insurance!

I'll have to check those out--like I said, I'm still learning!

Definitely take a look at the Photomatix software, relatively inexpensive and very easy to use. Cuts the photoshop time down to a minimum.
    Awesome shot!

Woke up before dawn this morning. Shot about 15 different scenes worth of bracketed photos for HDR work. This was the only one I really cared for. I've been trying some software-- Nik Softwares HDR program must be super buggy with OSX Lion currently. I didn't really care for it when it did work. Guess I'm going to have to install Photomatix and see how that works out.

Anyways, enough of my rumblings,

Photomatix version

Last edited by misterN; 08-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.

The house picture is especially beautiful, it looks like a painting.

You ought to show your creations!

Just installed Photomatix. So far, I think I'm liking it better.
    Darcy likes this.

We are into our 2nd week of school. My 3 year old daughter wrote her name! She's been able to spell and type it for some time, but she hasn't ever tried to write it without my prompting and without my guidance. She also drew a picture of me, including glasses. I'm so proud of her work!

Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

That is a treasure Dorayme! Really sweet. Well worth framing! Seriously, frame the good stuff!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    That is a treasure Dorayme! Really sweet. Well worth framing! Seriously, frame the good stuff!
    Completely agreeing with Maria! Very advanced drawing technique and writing skills for her age. Amazing!
    dorayme likes this.

Adorable Dorayme! I agree, it does need a frame .
    dorayme likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Here's a pic of my mom's cat drinking from the faucet. He loves water!

Last edited by TXGirl; 09-22-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0