Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Your photos!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    He looks like he is having way too much fun! He has you well trained to placate and supply his every need!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    He looks like he is having way too much fun! He has you well trained to placate and supply his every need!
    I have to laugh - as I admit I am very well trained. He even wakes me up in the middle of the night when he needs to use his box. (He is very clean - he won't use it unless someone is right there to clean it out immediately!) Which also means it's like having a dog - I have to hurry home so he can use his box. I don't mind - I'd rather have a clean cat.

Protest Pictures 1

So back when I posted my original set of pictures, I said that I had a bunch of protest pictures from February and March--but I didn't have them on hand. Then I got my pictures from the friend who had them (I lent him a spare computer, but forgot to get my images off of it) but did not post them. Fast forward to today. I finally organized all of my pictures I've taken with my newish camera from the various attempts of organizing everything before--got everything put into Lightroom 3 and yada yada yada. Without further ado, my select protest pictures! (There will be a second post >.<)

The State Capitol

Rev. Jesse Jackson in the middle of the crowd inside the capitol rotunda.

This next one is one of my favorites I shot (I only had the camera for two days at this point ^.^)

Rev. Jesse Jackson with a family.

A member of the "non-official, official Wisconsin Marching Band"

Last edited by misterN; 08-13-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    ncb4 likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

This next one was done using photoshop and photomerge. Apparently huge crowds make it harder to take panoramic shots... This one was supposed to be 12,000 pixels wide--but no free imagehosting would take it

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

You are an incredible photographer, Zach. That shot of the capitol building at night is stunning (I'd love to know all the geeky details of how you did it in terms of camera settings); and I'm also drawn to the shot of the trumpeter in his red jacket in the snow. People always ask, "What camera did you use?" as if the camera were the reason the shots turned out so well, when it's really the skill of photographer. Still, I'm curious: what camera did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    You are an incredible photographer, Zach. That shot of the capitol building at night is stunning (I'd love to know all the geeky details of how you did it in terms of camera settings); and I'm also drawn to the shot of the trumpeter in his red jacket in the snow. People always ask, "What camera did you use?" as if the camera were the reason the shots turned out so well, when it's really the skill of photographer. Still, I'm curious: what camera did you use?
    Aww thanks! I use a Nikon d3100 with an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. As for the shots--they just happened to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    Aww thanks! I use a Nikon d3100 with an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. As for the shots--they just happened to turn out.

I think you're being too modest!

canadian union of postal workers locked out!

some fellow coworkers locked out in scarborough, toronto. in the end we were legislated back to work by the tory government, removing our right to negotiate a fair and decent contract!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Some aliens (aka undersea life found in Lembeh, Indonesia), a beautiful Papua New Guinea sunset at sea level (literally inches off the water), and a perfect scale model of Vernazza, Italy (ok, it's really a fake tilt-shift). If they're out of order, I think you can figure them out... Now if only I had them in a more forum-appropriate size... Although, if you want, a few of them are the perfect size for ipad wallpapers--the main subject fits within a 768x768 box in the center and the image is 1024x1024 so there's no black no matter which orientation you are using.

Name:  vernazza-tiltshift-1024x1024.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  409.5 KBName:  IMG182tcg.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  168.0 KBName:  IMG169tcg.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  216.3 KBName:  PNG sunset wall 2.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  305.1 KBName:  baby-clown-frog-1024x1024.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  322.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Some aliens (aka undersea life found in Lembeh, Indonesia), a beautiful Papua New Guinea sunset at sea level (literally inches off the water), and a perfect scale model of Vernazza, Italy (ok, it's really a fake tilt-shift). If they're out of order, I think you can figure them out... Now if only I had them in a more forum-appropriate size... Although, if you want, a few of them are the perfect size for ipad wallpapers--the main subject fits within a 768x768 box in the center and the image is 1024x1024 so there's no black no matter which orientation you are using.

[ATTACH]1592
    Awesome! I love tilt shift . Fake or not!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    Amazing photos, Autolycus!

Vintage hydros at the Coeur d'Alene wooden boat show.

On Saturday we watched the vintage hydros that were part of the Cd'A wooden boat show.

Name:  hydros at dockl CdA.JPG
Views: 741
Size:  769.3 KB

Heading out to the course.Name:  heading out CdA.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  479.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 08-21-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Darcy and TXGirl like this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Our family bike ride yesterday. This trail was unfamiliar and over the skill level of our boys and me, lol. Lots of bike pushing, though in this picture it couldn't be avoided as we crossed over fallen trees.
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

My friends cat.

Also, I'm doing this 2 day trip with a Super Ego and my Ristretto.

Edit: I might add, for comedic value, that the cat only got into the box after jumping head first into it, and then falling off the table, while inside the box. However, as you can see in the picture--he was very happy with himself once he got inside.
    Last edited by misterN; 08-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.

I'm a sucker for photos of cats in boxes. Love it!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0