Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misterN

Thread: kindle users.

kindle users.

hey, i am thinking of getting a kindle but i have one major question to ask you kindle users on this forum :

can i read books that i have downloaded from torrent sites?

thanks.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I believe you can load private documents by copying them from your machine to the kindle file called 'documents', but you'll want to check your owner's manual to see if I'm right!

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    hey, i am thinking of getting a kindle but i have one major question to ask you kindle users on this forum :

can i read books that i have downloaded from torrent sites?

thanks.
    You can get books onto your Kindle that are not purchased from Amazon. I may or may not have happened to find seven books from a very prominent young adult series that until very recently, the author had been adamant against releasing in an ebook format, (I own all of the books in hardcover.) The process is very easy. You can load them up onto your kindle from your computer, or you can email them to your kindle's own email address--amazon has a process where it autoformats the books into a kindle format.
    Janine likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

thanks for the tips everyone. i think the kindle format is .mobi. .pdf formats are acceptable too.

it's bizarre how you have to buy the kindle through amazon.com and not amazon.ca. can't find the kindle in any canadian store but you can find them in targets and walmarts in the states.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].