Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jmart
  • 4 Post By Darcy

Thread: Enable Tapatalk for Tom Bihn forums

Enable Tapatalk for Tom Bihn forums

Tom, Darcy, and Crew. Can you enable the tapatalk forum plugin for your forums. I use a forum app called tapatalk, which is a widely used forum mobile app. Its awesome and works really well with the iphone, ipad, and android devices.

Below is the link:
    Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

Also its free for you guys to install and activate the plugin on the Tom Bihn forums.

Thanks,
    John

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tapatalk (or something like it) is on our list of features to add to the forums. Now we just need to find the time to work on it.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Oh that would be sweet!!! I think it's pretty simple to enable and very secure as well.

Tapatalk would make it simple for me to check the forums while I'm at work. I'd be doomed! (in a good way, of course)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tapatalk (or something like it) is on our list of features to add to the forums. Now we just need to find the time to work on it.
    Hi Darcy,

Just wanted to raise this topic again. The forums work very well when viewed from mobile devices, such as the iPad, but support for Tapatalk (or something like it) would improve the viewing/browsing experiences from smartphones. Incidentally, I like the continuing progress with web and forum pages. It's much easier to check on new content and to link to old posts without having to hand code/type in the information. Kudos to the people working on this on-going effort.

moriond

Actually I would say that the web forum mostly works from mobile devices - I still have problems seeing the "Just for registered members" forum on my iPhone (it keeps losing my login). I would much rather use Tapatalk as it has worked beautifully on a bunch of sites.

-David

We hear you re: Tapatalk -- hopefully we can add that sometime soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

OK! Tapatalk is now enabled. We've tested it on our iPhones, iPads, and on Android. Let us know what you think and if you notice any bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    OK! Tapatalk is now enabled... Let us know what you think and if you notice any bugs!
    Working fine from my devices... thanks for the enhancement!

Thank you!

Working well....Thanks very much for enabling Tapatalk!

New to Tom Bihn, new to Androids, new to Tapatalk - my first post. If I can make it work, I would say it's working properly. Hoorah!