• 6 Post By TXGirl
  • 1 Post By Maria
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By TXGirl
  • 2 Post By Maria
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Sweet Dog I Found

Sweet Dog I Found

This morning as I was leaving for work this sweet big guy came walking up our driveway. I have to figure out how to get him to the vet to see if he's micro-chipped, but I don't have a collar that will fit him.

I stayed home from work because I felt bad as its supposed to be close to 100 degrees today & didn't want to leave him outside. I went & bought him a pool which he had fun playing in this morning. Now he's snoozing in the cool air conditioning.

Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

He seems like a super sweet dog! What'll you do if it turns out that he's not micro-chipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    He seems like a super sweet dog! What'll you do if it turns out that he's not micro-chipped?
    I'm not sure yet. I put an ad on Petfinder, our subdivision's website, & Craigslist. I'm also going to make up flyers to put around the neighborhood so hopefully this big guy finds his parents.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Praying you find his family - or at least a new family that deserves him. (I'd want to keep him myself! I admire your self control!)

Please keep us posted.
    TXGirl likes this.

HI TXGirl, He's beautiful. Its obvious he's got a family. He looks well cared for. I hope you find his family or someone deserving (maybe you?) of his love. You've got a good heart. Not everyone would have taken him in like you have.
    Moose
    TXGirl likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    HI TXGirl, He's beautiful. Its obvious he's got a family. He looks well cared for. I hope you find his family or someone deserving (maybe you?) of his love. You've got a good heart. Not everyone would have taken him in like you have.
    Moose
    Thanks Moose! I wish I could keep him. I've always wanted a Lab. I have two small dogs & they don't care for him too much. One of our dogs we took in was because her owner didn't want her anymore & right afterwards we found out she had Diabetes. With her health problems we we really can't afford to add another furbaby to our family.

I took him to the vet yesterday to see if he was microchipped & unfortunately he isn't. In the meantime, I've contacted rescue groups so hopefully I'll hear back from them if we don't find his owners.

***Update*** The puppy went to his new home today & has playmates his own size
    Darcy and backpack like this.

Thank you for letting us know! Good for you to find his home for him!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You rock, TXGirl! Thanks for helping this puppy find the people he was meant to be with.
    TXGirl likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes