Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

carrying more than one phone on board?

Hey folks: does anyone know if people/security fuss if I carry two smartphones on board with me? i am going to India--have not been in a long time; and these are gifts. I know there has generally been suspicion of cell phones so was not sure..if anyone can give me pointers?
    I am nervous that if I put it in checked luggage, it will get taken anyhow!

s

Most of my travel is within the US, but I take a Blackberry for work and an HTC Incredible as my personal phone on all work trips. I would think taking two phones is pretty common, with all the people whose regular use phone is CDMA and will not work in most overseas locations (e.g. Verizon, Sprint).

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    My sister normally carries multiple phones and I do not think it has ever been an issue for domestic or international fligts.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I carried two to Italy (one for the US, one with an Italy sim card) and no one even blinked.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Hi all : thank you. I am still not sure about India---cos of all the ultra vigilance over phones and possible mis-use! will keep checking. maverick: are you on the forum?!

ceb
    Internationally I've carried three blackberries and an iPod without issues. Domestically, I've carried all that plus a cell phone and a sat phone with no questions.

I'm not sure about India though.

Back when I was traveling 2-3 times a month (right before and right after 9/11), I used to carry two phones (work and personal) and never had an issue. My wife and I also often share a carry on when we travel, which means we generally have two phones and an iPod in the bag. Can't see why they'd make a fuss, but stranger things have happened.

Shiva, sorry if this is coming too late, but I traveled with two phones all over India, 4 different airports (Delhi, Jodhpur, Madurai, Chennai) and no problems at all. This was back in October 2010, right around Commonwealth Games and Obama visit. Even with that security level I had no issues.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0