Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Pics of tornadoes in Denton & Keller, TX area last night

This was in Denton, TX as the tornado was going back up

Keller, TX (taken by a friend of mine)

Last edited by TXGirl; 05-25-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: edit pic
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Between Tuscaloosa, Joplin and now Denton this is far and away the most horrible tornado season I can remember...

Scary but beautiful.

It was dark when the storms hit us and we were glued to the TV trying to figure out when it was time to run for shelter.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

More accurate than tv channels, which break for commercials, are weather websites.

Below are some links

Intellicast
    Use mouse/stylus/touch to move to your area.

Click on the second icon which looks like a circle to locate the location and direction of the storm cell(s). The darker the color, the more severe.

Intellicast - Weather Active Map

Weatherunderground radar (they also have data on rivers / streams on their satellite page)

Current Nashville NEXRAD Radar Map : Weather Underground

Accuweather radar

AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar | Southeast Regional Weather Radar

The Nashville area is used in all examples because there are storms there and each website shows storms aand tornadoes differently.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-25-2011 at 10:42 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    It was dark when the storms hit us and we were glued to the TV trying to figure out when it was time to run for shelter.
    So scary. I take it you guys are OK? How is Georgia handling the storms?

Great links, backpack. Also, check out the College of DuPage Meteorology
    Severe Weather and Flash Flood Warnings
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Between Tuscaloosa, Joplin and now Denton this is far and away the most horrible tornado season I can remember...
    Oklahoma was was hit with them too. They had an EF-3 touchdown.

The National Weather Service has confirmed there were at least 9 tornadoes in the Dallas-Fort Worth area Tues night. They're still surveying 3 other cities to see if it was tornadoes or straight line winds that hit them.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    So scary. I take it you guys are OK? How is Georgia handling the storms?

Great links, backpack. Also, check out the College of DuPage Meteorology
    Severe Weather and Flash Flood Warnings
    Ha! Thanks for asking about Georgia! She did NOT handle it well. Even small thunder is reason for her to sound the alarm. We think in her mind that a giant is attacking the house so she's trying to tell the giant to go away.

The disturbing thing about the storms is the cable or internet can go out easily and then you're stuck with just a weather radio spewing the same "warning" over and over again. This last time it was quiet so we never did gather in the closet but for a while we thought that maybe quiet was a bad sign.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot