Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Traveling with Coffee

I usually take the lid off my travel mug or reusable water bottle and have it completely dry/empty, in hopes of not creating any grief. One time I had a water bottle with <3 oz. of water in it, but wasn't allowed to bring it in. I thought it was silly, but didn't argue, and changed how I go about bringing one with me. Also only traveling within the US.

Volunteer Moderator
    backpack - As with everything else it depends. However considering that in the US at least once you pass security you can bring 10000000 oz of overpriced soda/what-have-you onboard I am sure it has to be fine (in the US).

I've never had trouble carrying an empty Sigg water bottle through. (Oddly, they alerted on a wet towel, but once they saw that it was just a wet towel, there were no further issues.) I always travel with a water bottle, usually a .5 liter Sigg.

I also almost always board with a coffee bought on the clean side of security. (US and Canada only, of course.) When I did my Italy travels, I carried a Platypus for water.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Here is my setup: Tom Bihn Coffee Nerd Kit
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    I usually take the lid off my travel mug or reusable water bottle and have it completely dry/empty, in hopes of not creating any grief. One time I had a water bottle with <3 oz. of water in it, but wasn't allowed to bring it in. I thought it was silly, but didn't argue, and changed how I go about bringing one with me. Also only traveling within the US.
    Once, just as we had gotten past the liquid dump station in the security line, Mrs B realized that her 1L Klean Kanteen was full of water. She chugged down the whole thing in about 20 seconds with only moments to spare before we got to the front of the line. She's quite the remarkable lady.

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    If space isn't a consideration, I'll bring a travel mug, Splenda, and my Aeropress, and get half and half somewhere along the way. So yes, I usually travel with a coffee kit (and a good cheese knife, but that's another story).
    @tCook, thank you for introducing me to the Aeropress! Got one 1.5 weeks ago, and even my husband, who is not a coffee drinker, loves the iced lattes I've been making with it. BIG THUMBS UP! This is why I love reading random posts on the forums -- such knowledgeable people and ideas completely unrelated to bags =)

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    Here is my setup: Tom Bihn Coffee Nerd Kit
    I was first introduced to the Aeropress coffee maker after reading joiedwards' post on it (thank you!). This was what started me drinking freshly ground coffee (brewed using the Aeropress) rather than pre-grinds and instant. The aroma and the taste of the coffee are simply divine. My current setup is the Aeropress with paper filters paired with the Porlex Mini Hand Grinder. I haven't travelled with it as yet but look forward to taking it with me on my next road trip.

earth5, what is the recipe for your iced lattes (if you don't mind sharing)? Sounds delish and I would love to try it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0