Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    Just a side note... If anyone is using the non-lighted Kindle cover by Amazon--it is causing issues with the kindle turnings off randomly. Weirdest issues I've ever had. I called because my kindle was randomly shutting off/locking up every hour or so, and the lady I talked to told me to take the cover off. They reimbursed me my 35 bucks for the cover (they also said they were going to send a gift card so I could buy the lighted cover, but that never happened :-\). One of my coworkers had the same issue and when she called in the Amazon worker told her to take off the cover and throw it across the room ^_^
    That's odd how it is isolated to the non-lighted cases.. I have the lighted cover on my Kindle and I've never had these problems . I wonder if there is any difference between the two cases? I know my kindle hooks in via metal prongs inside the case. If this happened to me I would likely call Amazon crying, I'm a bit over protective of my kindle, I keep it in the lighted case AND a Medium Padded Organizer Pouch
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

As far as I know, the hooks are the same on both lighted and non-lighted covers. It just makes sense to me to not have metal hooks touching live contacts if you don't need to power a light, but that's just me and I'm no expert.

It took Amazon a while to figure it out, but I have to give them credit for handling the situation properly. Once it became clear what was going on, they stopped selling the non-lighted cover and have been refunding people's money without a hassle. Good customer service, that.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I bought a Kindle for my wife today ... plus a cover. Having just read this thread I'm now a little worried. Its the Amazon non-lghted cover and was recommended to me by the guy in John Lewis. Is the problem still there? If so, why are they still selling it? Otherwise I'm very impressed.

AFAIK, the problem with the non-lighted cover still exists. Amazon has stopped selling them, but third-party vendors may still have them for sale.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    AFAIK, the problem with the non-lighted cover still exists. Amazon has stopped selling them, but third-party vendors may still have them for sale.
    Oops! She can be a little highly strung when tech goes wrong.

I just looked on the Amazon UK website and the cover is there in a variety of colours. My choice was black, black or black!
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 04-14-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Added a bit!

I'm thinking it must have something to do with pressure put on the Kindle from the non-lighted version from the clips. :-\. I would have asked more, but the lady I was working with on the phone from Amazon was a bit difficult to understand, and I may or may not have been calling from work.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

So, I know there are mixed (and probably strong) feelings about DRM, and circumventing DRM to get free media content (books, mp3s, movies, etc...). At the risk of those strong opinions, I though I might mention that you can use one of the oldest internet protocols to acquire ebooks.

IRC (Link to tutorial with mIRC software)

I have a Nook, not a Kindle, but I haven't had any trouble finding more free books than I have time to read.

Something sort related I guess. I would KILL for the Harry Potter Series to be in ebook format. Hopefully one of these days, JKR will come to a deal that nets her a lot more money for herself, charities, and what not, and my kindle will be filled with wonderful books.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    Something sort related I guess. I would KILL for the Harry Potter Series to be in ebook format. Hopefully one of these days, JKR will come to a deal that nets her a lot more money for herself, charities, and what not, and my kindle will be filled with wonderful books.
    This might encourage me to actually read those books . They're quite heavy!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Yes. I would without a doubt purchase them as soon as they were released. I'd have to go as far to say I'd even make the switch from Kindle to Nook if she were on only release it was a B&N release.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    The Medium Padded Pouch is available in black now

I'm considering the DODOcase for Kindle as my Kindle's main home. I currently have it inside an Amazon Lighted Cover and Medium Padded Organizer Pouch (I'm overprotective of my electronics) but would prefer something made close by. Also, I love the moleskine notebook look of it.

DODOcase for Kindle | DODOcase

When the iPad was released we had a few customers ask if their iPad inside of the DODOcase would fit in the Ristretto (it does!) so I looked further into the cases.
    I love the look of the Moleskine notebooks. I ordered from Portenzo & have this one for my iPad 2.

http://shop.portenzo.com/product_p/c...pad_2-case.htm
    Last edited by TXGirl; 05-09-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: corrected link
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I've got a DODOcase for my iPad. I like it a lot. Made in the US, conventional book-binding approach, bamboo frame. Very sweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0