Break into and reseal a locked suitcase demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DG...layer_embedded

all the more reason for carry on luggage!!

i wonder if you can do the same thing to the splashproof zippers that are being used by tom bihn??
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DG...layer_embedded

all the more reason for carry on luggage!!

i wonder if you can do the same thing to the splashproof zippers that are being used by tom bihn??
    Onebag.com describes how that can be done, but I had no idea is was that easy. Apparently it works with all 'coil' type zip, which, I believe, the TB splash proof ones are. As you say, don't check your luggage. Also, according to OneBag, a recent wheeze has been for thieves to steal from your bag then remove/replace the airport label so that it is misdirected. This delays the discovery of the theft and makes it more difficult to work out where the theft took place.

yeah, but then again, who the hell checks in luggage with valuable stuff inside it? i never would and it's usually the wife's clothes that is checked in anyways.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Its all valuable if its missing. My wife always insists on checking luggage so I often put things like, shoes, chargers, toiletries, some clothes etc. in there. If I were to get to my destination only to find a 150 ($200) shoes missing I'd be a bit miffed. Equally, I'm not sure my wife would feel too chuffed at having her smalls rifled. To know its quicker to break in to a bag than to unlock it is a bit worrying.

Eric