Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Knitting!

Hi Katy,
    Oh my, my computer screen is off, in a big way. I thought the work on the needles was grayish and a light lavender. The ball of yarn appears to be a lovely lavender.

No matter, lavender, gray, I love them both. I wish I could make something as pretty as your scarf in either color.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

It is a nice color. Plymouth makes good yarns. When you get a chance, and find a LYS near you that sells it, indulge in some Malabrigo. That's my favorite yarn.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Hmm...my computer screen must be off too, because I seem to be seeing the colors the same way as Moose! I hope that doesn't mean that I'm not seeing Ultraviolet Dyneema the way it is IRL...

Katy, your scarf looks WAY better than my first scarf (which was just knitting all stitches back and forth for garter stitch). You should be proud! Keep us posted -- and/or add the scarf to your Ravelry account!

Hi Yeti,
    I don't want to hijack this thread in any way but I've got a quick comment with regard to the way our computer screens seem to be seeing things. I started a thread titled My New Synapse Arrival. Katy was kind enough to put pictures up for me. The color I see the photos is a pretty accurate representation of the ultraviolet color. Hope it helps you a bit.
    Happy travels,
    Moose

I was invited to join a knitting group recently . Hopefully I don't embarrass myself with my super beginner skills .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

That's great, Katy! Knitting is kinda like yoga - not a competitive sport tho there are always those who try to turn it into one. Most knitting groups love having a variety of skill levels. the most important quality is the ability to laugh and knit at the same time. Enjoy!
    dorayme likes this.

Katy;I bought:

1. A baby alpaca worsted from Plymouth Yarn Company (it's so soft!!!) I'm really sad that this is the one I tangled but I guess I have learned to never do it again. It's a pretty white shade.

2. I bought two more (I think I read this in the book, they're called hanks?). Of the same brand/weight in a pretty dark grey color. I plan to make Eliam a cool scarf I saw in one of my books once I'm up to speed enough to attempt it.

3. Malbringo Merino Worsted in some beautiful teal color.[/QUOTE]

Hi Katy,
    Did you ever finish the scarf? Are there pictures of it someplace, if so can you point me in the right direction so I can see them?
    Thanks,
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 06-29-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: I can't type.

Is anyone going to do the Tour de France KAL or Tour de Fleece on Ravelry? Just wonderin'. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Red face A little late to the party, but...

Katy, I just now saw this thread, and wanted to say a belated welcome to the world of knitting. I taught myself how to knit about 18 months ago: maybe because I already owned a Swift, and thought maybe I should actually use it for the activity for which it was designed! I've always been backwards. I spent about two months wanting to stab myself with the needles. "This is relaxing?" I kept saying in abject misery as I did more tinking and frogging and unraveling of knots than I did knitting. But then something clicked, and now I'm addicted, just like everyone else in this thread. Have you all exchanged Ravelry names yet, in order to see each other's projects? Mine is chiralangel, and I'm addicted to Malabrigo yarns, scarves, simple lace patterns, and knitting with silk.

Just wondering if any of the TB knitters will be going to Sock Summit in Portland?

I'm not taking any classes, but I'll probably be there Friday to shop.
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

I'll be there! I fly in Saturday morning and am staying in Portland until Tuesday night. I'm registered for a lecture on Saturday and two classes on Sunday.

I'm planning to bring my Tri-Star, Swift, and Small Cafe Bag. The SCB will go into the Swift during Sock Summit, and I hope to fit everything into the Tri-Star for plane/train travel... at least on the way there.

You lucky people! Bring back lots of stories and photos of Sock Summit. Are you on Ravelry, too?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    You lucky people! Bring back lots of stories and photos of Sock Summit. Are you on Ravelry, too?
    Well, I'm not going to Sock Summit, but I am on Ravelry. And my projects page is dreadfully in need of updating.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Katy;I bought:

1. A baby alpaca worsted from Plymouth Yarn Company (it's so soft!!!) I'm really sad that this is the one I tangled but I guess I have learned to never do it again. It's a pretty white shade.

2. I bought two more (I think I read this in the book, they're called hanks?). Of the same brand/weight in a pretty dark grey color. I plan to make Eliam a cool scarf I saw in one of my books once I'm up to speed enough to attempt it.

3. Malbringo Merino Worsted in some beautiful teal color.
    Hi Katy,
    Did you ever finish the scarf? Are there pictures of it someplace, if so can you point me in the right direction so I can see them?
    Thanks,
    Moose[/QUOTE]

Someday..... I put it down for a while, but plan to pick it back up soon! After I finish it, I may attempt a new blanket for my living room in a fancy wool yarn .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0