other DC-area members -- help?

I feel very awkward about this, but I need help, and y'all are some of the kindest people I've had a chance to meet online.

I'm being laid off from my job in a few weeks, and I need help finding another one. I've worked in various customer service, data-entry, and other entry-level positions (although my actual profession is theatre, which is where I've had management experience).
    What makes matters more complicated is that I am planning to go back to school (to finally finish my bachelor's degree) in the fall, so I'm not looking for a very long-term position. I need a job to get me through most of February to the beginning of August or so, and I don't know where to look. I have my resume all ready, I just don't know for where.

If anyone knows of any place in the area (I have a car and live near a Metro station) which is hiring, or has any ideas as to where to look, I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Good luck, marbenais!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sometimes it's who you know and not what you know for the job search. Thinking of you and pray something comes through for you. I know from my own experience how working full time and going to school full time is not an easy juggle.

Cheers!

Hey there: I sent you a message in your private messages folder---about possible places to look into!
    shiva

The DC area is blessed with many non-profits.

Check them at Idealist.org

You have the opportunity to choose part time or temporary jobs.

Let us know how it goes!

Email your resume 2 me and I'll critique it.

PM4HIRE at hotmail.com

I have 40 years experience in project management hiring people. BTW, Idealist.org has been around for many years.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Thanks for all of the advice so far! I'm working on getting my resume ready to send out -- a theatre CV is very different from a regular resume.