Camera Suggestions

I am in the market for a new camera. I have a Canon Rebel xti, but I would like a small camera for everyday use and I would like to carry it around with me at all times. Requirements are that it fit into a Tom Bihn pouch, and I would like to spend no more than $300.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I am in the same market, however trying to convince myself to increase the budget to $395 so I can get the Canon S95. By most accounts, it is the best truly pocketable camera.
    --------------------------------

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I've been a big fan of the Panasonic Lumix cameras for a while. They have great, really wide lenses, as short as 24mm or even 20mm (35mm film camera equivalent). You really can't go too wide, but most compacts are only 35mm or occasionally 28mm, but 24 is far, far more useful. They are really small and can go everywhere fitting in a small or even a mini TB pouch, depending on the model you choose. If you've got a bigger budget, you can always buy the same cameras with a Leica badge on!

keb
    +1 on the Lumix.
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Lumix FZ 35 $239 @ Amazon this morning

Have had one since last May and it's hard to imagine more camera for the money.

Both Canon S95 and Panasonic LX5 are VERY nice cameras. Their previous models (S90 and LX3) are also good and cheaper options.

I got my LX5 by Xmas and I'm loving it. Enough zoom for my needs and amazing picture quality for a compact!
    Here's a sample from it:
    http://helderjean.tumblr.com/photo/1...jdsq2CU1qfi3xy

Good luck choosing.

Beautiful photo! Thank you for sharing.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I used my friend's LX3 last week in Spain, and its a great camera ... BUT, the things that I think make it great (flexibility of options) make it unusable to my luddite friend. For reasons best know to herself, after asking me to set it up 'so I can just take a picture', she would then just twist a button or two and not be able to put it back. It maybe that she is very stupid, or maybe Im super clever (though I doubt that!), but if you are going to go for this camera make sure you know how to work it, or at least be prepared to find out, or else you could be frustrated.

On the other hand it has a brilliant, fast, wide Leica lens.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0