Thread: snow!

Volunteer Moderator

snow!

no, not here in dc! actually, i can't believe it's been in the 60's, and it's the week of thanksgiving!

but, i was very excited to hear about the snow in seattle! i hope all of you got out there and enjoyed building a snowman and a snowball fight or two and a hot drink afterwards!

Eliam and I have a snowball fight planned .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's pretty amazing snow for this area -- I think we have at least 12" so far. I love it at first and then I start to feel trapped by it.

In the 60's in DC?! Nice!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    hi darcy!

yes, i think tomorrow brings more of the same.

though, i remember earlier this year, we were literally trapped by the snow! if i remember correctly, schools closed down for 2 weeks because it was taking so long to get all of the side streets and sidewalks cleared. the federal government shut down for several days. it was fun to drive around once we were able to get out and see quiet, peaceful streets all around. we did a lot of sledding and had snowball fights and lots of fun in general! it was lovely, but i understand what you mean about feeling trapped!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I remember that storm, maverick!

Today it's very cold and clear, but the wind is calmer. It'll be easier to enjoy the snow now.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

There's snow on the way for the UK too! I wonder what it would take to have a snowball fight between London and Seattle .....

All this talk of snow.... brrr..... It's why I moved out of snow country. I moved south in 1974 and have spent a total of 18 months living in places where snow is common since then. I could not wait to get back each time. I still fondly remember my first Thanksgiving day wearing shorts and having the AC on...

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    All this talk of snow.... brrr..... It's why I moved out of snow country. I moved south in 1974 and have spent a total of 18 months living in places where snow is common since then. I could not wait to get back each time. I still fondly remember my first Thanksgiving day wearing shorts and having the AC on...
    ...and a roaring fire in the fireplace!!!
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I'm feeling very frustrated! Even after 11 years in Canada, I still love snow. Alas, Toronto is not usually as snowy as Montreal. It seems *everybody* has been having snow lately, particularly out west. I was very happy to see some snow fall yesterday but it was gone within the hour...

Funny steps:

In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID