Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Arrow Get a Life: The Best TV shows

Arrested Development -- No, not the groundbreaking musical group. Arrested Development is the funniest show that has ever existed in the history of the planet (even B.C.!) and is on Sunday at 8:30 after the Simpsons. Do yourself a favor and buy the first season on DVD or watch some video clips on the AD Web site..

Deadwood -- Watch three episodes and you'll be hooked. Do not watch if foul language or violence bothers you (too much.)

Huff -- Hank Azaria, Oliver Platt, and Blythe Danner!

Frontline -- You can watch a lot of the old Frontline shows on their Web site. One you can't watch online is "Ghosts of Rwanda". It is coming out on DVD and you can get it through Netflix. You should get it, especially if you plan to see Hotel Rwanda.

Queer Eye For The Straight Guy -- Carson is so witty and funny, and I want Thom to decorate my house with his bold colors, dark woods and sisal rugs!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl - it doesn't have the same spark as Straight Guy , but I had fun watching it none the less...

I am a nerd - so I have been watching the new Battlestar Galactica.....

Originally posted by moodymeow
    Queer Eye for the Straight Girl - it doesn't have the same spark as Straight Guy , but I had fun watching it none the less...
    It's ok. They try too hard to be funny like Carson and I think they get catty. Carson has a sweetness about him.

I wish the original cast did "Queer Eye For the Straight Girl". I would love to be on the show!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Carson scares me sometimes. His affinity for pink sets my nerves on edge. I am fond of dark colors and imagine that my closet would horrify him.....He does have darling names for his little Straight men.

I think the Straight Girl cast will loosen up. I imagine they feel pressured to fill the big shoes of the original cast.

And speaking of casting, in Norway one of the Norwegian channels of course picked up the rights to the show, after getting a huge success with the original american crew, for a Norwegian version.
    Now these are press release shots related to season 2 for the Norwegian version Dangerous pictures you have been warned !!

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Oh my. That's all I can really say.

Originally posted by Cobos
    Dangerous pictures you have been warned !!
    I suppose this won't help the Norwegian gay community overcome the "corset-wearing mime" stereotype.

Well it sure isn't helping the gay community that's for sure... but the interesting thing is what TV3 did with the ingenious title of "Queer eye for the straight guy" ..... after several weeks of deliberations they came up with : "fagpatrol" !!
    And they used that title for the US program and then simply called the Norwegian version, Fagpatrol Norway...
    You really got to admire their creative prowess and the worst of it is that you can actually translate Queer eye for the straight guy into something similarily funny and interesting in Norwegian.

Cobos

hehe!

You have to send us a tape of 'Fagpatrol'!!! I bet it will become a cult hit like 'Iron Chef'.

I'll see what I can do I'll have to check that my VCR still works and series 2 of "Fagpatrol" doesn't actually start before 7th of Feb (my girlfriend/wife as mentioned in that thread works with TV listings so she is always a few weeks before everyone else on the TV schedule). Check your mailbox around the end of Feb

Cobos

I bet it's because those 5 Norwegian guys used to be part of a boy band called Fag Patrol. Ya, that's it.

Thanks Cobos!

So did anyone watched Arrested Development or Huff last night?

Kansas City, Missouri ... for the time being
    Watched the new BG (first two episodes) on broadcast TV the other night and LOOOOVED it! We only get 2 channels and normally are just cool with that, but now we're really sweating not having the Sci-Fi channel.