Multi-purpose Headphones

I'm a pretty mobile MacBook Pro user, and I'm thinking about buying a set of multi-purpose headphones. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Headphones that can be used as camcorder audio monitors during shooting (I have a Canon Vixia HV 40, an HDV unit)
    • Headphones that can be used as post-production monitors for Final Cut, Garage Band, etc.
    • Headphones for mobile entertainment (preferably noise-canceling) at home or during travel
    • Headphones that are built to be carried, and probably come with a carrying case

I have to admit I've never looked at multi-purpose headphones before.

Where are some of the best places to look? Chances are, I'll have to do this through mail order because I'm in a rural area and there isn't much selection here beyond Radio Shack.

Hi!

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX3...034728&sr=8-11

Not sure what your feelings are about in ear headphones but I love these! They come with their own silicone carrying case. If you're not into in ear headphones I would still recommend checking out the company. My friend mixes music on his computer and swears by their studio headphones.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

there was a headphone thread before :

Which Bose headphones should we get?

all around my faves are the sennheiser hd 25-1 II

Thank you for the interesting links!

Are the pro phones like the Sennheiser HD-25 family collapsible for travel?
    Last edited by MtnMan; 04-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Mtn man-

Those Sennheiser's I mentioned do not collapse, they sound amazing though.

I received similar advice from another forum, pointing me toward the Sennheiser HD25-1-IIs, which are supposed to be pro-quality headphones, and more collapsible that some other models.

Since this is a web-forum about travel bags, I thought I should ask: do any of you use a padded zip-shut bag or other pouch to carry your headphones? When I move forward with a purchase, I will also build up enough $ to buy a storage pouch because these new phones will likely get tossed around quite a bit, probably from my backpack to my Super Ego to whatever camera case I will eventually get from my new Canon camcorder. I was looking at a padded nylon Porta Brace pouch at B & H, but I was having trouble finding a decent size among their pouch selection.

It would be great if I could find something with a webbing loop or a zipper with an eyelet should I could attach a Tom Bihn key strap to attach it to a Bihn briefcase or travel bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0