Feedback Wanted: NOD32 AntiVirus 4 Program

Hi Everybody,

Is anyone using...

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 / Smart Security 4

I know Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" sings it's praises, but was curious if anyone is using it.

Thanks!

Wink

I put zero credence in CNET reviews and use AVG Anti Virus software on my laptop for the last five years.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I know only of it by Leo's recommendation. If Leo says it is good, I very much trust his advice, I have in the past and trust him very much.

Although, I have been recommending that people use the free Microsoft security product. (Security Essentials I believe). Paul Thurrot (www.winsupersite.com) also is giving the same advice.

Although different users need different security, I pay attention to what I am clicking, some do not and they should use a more controlling AntiVirus.

Agree...

I strongly agree with PM4Hire's assessment of CNET reviews--take them with a grain of salt. I use both AVG and MS Security Essentials and find both of them completely adequate.

That said, behavior is the best prevention, and some sites should not be trusted in regards to trojan and adware infections.

Quite right about CNET. I think they're shills available to the highest bidder at CES, and good for little else.

I've gotten quite a bit of response to this post having posted it it on several forums that I frequent, none of which involve computers and software as their primary topic (on a computer forum, it doesn't take long for any helpful info to get debated, buried, and lost).

About six responded that they actually use Microsoft Security Essentials satisfactorily with XP, so I'm giving that a test. Thus far, it appears to run cleanly and smoothly.

Thanks for the input.

Karl...

Glad to help. I completely agree that (ironically) IT forums can sometimes be the worst place for IT questions. I'm sure you know this source as well, but LifeHacker is a really good crowdsource for what people are using in terms of applications. Here's a link for their High-Five rundown on apps from the past year (which is voted on purely by frequenters of the site):

http://lifehacker.com/5052582/best-o...e-five-winners

All the best,

-B

I've been using Vipre on our laptops and my netbook.

Works great and is not a resource hog.

I put the laptops to sleep at night and it runs a scheduled scan in the wee hours of the morning.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0