Thumbs up Made in USA 2.0 - Quality Stuff!

I love and use Field Notes on a daily basis.

Field Notes fit neatly in my small TB Cafe bag.

Over the years, as my personal needs have changed, I have also used Field Notes with my midsize and large TB Cafe bags and Imago bag.
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 11-21-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I see they sell pens and pencils as well. The pens aren't the fancy-schmancy kind with the "fat" grip, but do they handle well? Are they quality pens?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    I see they sell pens and pencils as well. The pens aren't the fancy-schmancy kind with the "fat" grip, but do they handle well? Are they quality pens?
    Quality is subjective, of course. At less than a dollar a piece... if all you need is a pen to jot something down, I suppose they'll do.

In reality however, I expect Field Notes is using them not so much as a quality offering, but as a camp and iconic promo piece. I liken it to a "Mac and Cheese", comfort food kind of thing. I remember those pens on the counters at the Bank of America or the Post Office when I was little (before they put chains on them). My Dad's barber used to give them out every year with a pocket calendar. So right there are three examples of how such an inexpensive pen might be appreciated: for endorsing a check, to address a letter, lending or giving it to someone else.

On the other hand, IMO their pencils are quite nice, indeed.

Thumbs up Chuck Roast

Yesterday afternoon, I got my polartec jacket I ordered
    Friday from Chuck Roast. I've been buying stuff from
    USA supplier Chuck Roast for 10 years. Their jackets
    are relatively inexpensive and simple in design, perfect
    for the weather here in Mesa, Arizona. I also own several
    of their blankets.

Whenever possible, I try to support small businesses that
    are struggling today.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Quote Originally Posted by PM4HIRE View Post
    Yesterday afternoon, I got my polartec jacket I ordered
    Friday from Chuck Roast. I've been buying stuff from
    USA supplier Chuck Roast for 10 years. Their jackets
    are relatively inexpensive and simple in design, perfect
    for the weather here in Mesa, Arizona. I also own several
    of their blankets.

Whenever possible, I try to support small businesses that
    are struggling today.
    Interesting...never heard of them. But I love fleece! How do you order? Is it only by phone?

I've supported a few small businesses in the US this year. I know we have other vegans in the house-- http://www.vautecouture.com is a place to go for a nice winter coat using recycled materials and NO animal products. I have the El and love it! Consider subscribing to her newsletter for information about upcoming designs. I also like http://www.mohops.com. These sandals are great! I took a pair on my trip to Italy in August and it was like having a new pair of shoes each day! I even wore them in the airport on the way home and they were great (though I normally like to travel in closed shoes. My closed shoes gave me blisters, but my mohops came through.) Both of these companies are based in Chicago. For me, the items are a real splurge (like Tom Bihn's beautiful work) but oh, so worth it!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0