Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Organic makeup and wide width shoes

I have been trying to find organic makeup without much luck. Any ideas?

I would also like to find wide width non leather shoes, does anyone knows of a
    good brand with stylish and classic design (no high heels and strap shoes) but comfortable flats that can be dressed up and nice walking shoes.

Here are a few natural/ organic cosmetic companies to check out: Ecco Bella, Miessense Organic, Aveda, Hemp Organic--perhaps Burts Bees and Dr. Hauschka, too. If you check their websites, you can probably determine whether all of their products are organic. Of course, mineral makeup is made of minerals--not organic since they are made of minerals rather than plant products, but natural...Alima, Lumiere, Uglogirl, Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh are all excellent.

Sorry I can't be of help on the wide non-leather shoes. I do wear wide shoes myself, but I don't wear vegan shoes. Have you tried Zappos--I think they have a vegan shoe section. Also Footsmart stocks a lot of wide shoes--perhaps they have something. If there is a Chinatown near you, you might check for Chinese cloth shoes. They have plastic soles and cloth uppers--years ago I wore them constantly. Good luck...

I use Larenim, it's a mineral makeup with no cr@p in it. Suki makes a cleanser line as well as a makeup line - I've used the cleanser/moisturizers, but not the Suki makeup. You could try MyChelle's face care line; although it's not totally organic, there's absolutely no garbage in it. I've been using it for 2 years with no problem at all. It's pricey but worth it. Suki and MyChelle both have trial cleanser kits. I haven't tried MyChelle's new makeup.

They're not really 'normal-looking,' but I have a pair of Birko-Flor (the non-leather) Birkenstocks on right now, and my really-wide feet couldn't be happier. Looks change regarding shoe styles, but happy feet without bunions, corns, hammertoes, or bunions never go out of style. Get your first pair from a Birkenstock store; you MUST be fitted by someone who knows the shoe. Then you can go get them online for cheap.
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .