Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Request: Larabar intervention

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    My Supper Egoís going to have to have one or two in them for those days I canít get lunch because Iím on the move.
    'Supper' Ego. What a correct description!

You'll find you won't leave the house without making sure The Bar is inside something you're carrying or wearing. You'll find you won't be able to board a plane without at least two - just in case of holds or, worst-case-scenario, diversions! Who knows which airport you'll end up in during bad weather, who knows what drek they'll be serving? When the rest of your flight is gagging down some gruel a starving dog wouldn't even sniff (for the price of a Lake Washington luxury home), you'll be tastily fed, happy, and smiling in pleasure!

I remember one flight when a woman had two cases of Larabars in her carry-on and was told it was overweight (international flight). She tossed everything she could toss into her checked bag to make weight, but not the bars. 'After all, if they get lost, what shall I do?'

The worst happened. Her bag didn't appear at the other end. She was all smiles. 'But the bars made it!' She had a change of undies, prescription meds, a spare pair of glasses, and two boxes of Larabars. Otherwise known as the essentials. We ended up at the same hotel, where her bag arrived two days later. She didn't care that her makeup and spare hose had been in limbo. Life was good. The Larabars were safe. I agreed with her. I'd have done and felt the same. You can't eat hose or foundation.

I love Larabars.

(ACTUALLY, I HATE THEM! I HATE THAT I BUY THEM ALL THE TIME. I HATE THAT THEY MAKE THINGS I DETEST TASTE SO GOOD I EAT THEM NO MATTER WHAT THE INGREDIENTS.)

Maybe I should make an appointment at Betty Ford, myself...

Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    'Supper' Ego. What a correct description!
    you caught that! My wife thought I was trying to be too cute.
    I've turned my Lovely Super Ego into a Supper Ego. I now have four Larabars and a liter of water in [it]!
    I ate one this morning because I'd missed breakfast - and then there were 3 I guess . For the record, the one I had today was Lemon. I kind of like it; but I also like lemons a lot.

Oh, and my daughter ended up buying two boxes of Cherry Pie. I'm going to have to hide them. If I know my family they'll be gone before the middle of next week. If I hide them, I might eat them all my self - muuu haaaaa, muuu haaaaa, muuu haaaaaa!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're considering giving away miniature Larabars (instead of cookies) in some orders over the holidays this year. But would that count as enabling your problem?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

these are delicious....if you're looking for me to tell you to stop I don't think I can help!

That's a gr8 idea Darcy!!
    Love those minis huh?
    For those that want to hear about 'Larabar Hate'. It existed in the Form of Prototype 'Maya Bar- Chocolate Mint' which tasted like Listerine Mint Mixed with a Brownie here's an eval we did a year or so ago...
    http://www.imagometrics.com/GoBags/MayaBar.htm
    The Larabar eval is here...
    http://www.imagometrics.com/GoBags/LaraBar.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're considering giving away miniature Larabars (instead of cookies) in some orders over the holidays this year. But would that count as enabling your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    For those that want to hear about 'Larabar Hate'. It existed in the Form of Prototype 'Maya Bar- Chocolate Mint' which tasted like Listerine Mint Mixed with a Brownie here's an eval we did a year or so ago..
    Uggh! That sounds awful. Especially to me: I'm not a fan of the chocolate Lara Bars OR any kinds of mint. Yuk.

And Zeph...it's totally your fault that we're hooked on Pistachio bars here at the offices.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It's been two weeks since my last Larabar. Every time I wander into the kitchen, my eye involuntarily darts to the counter where the pile used to be. I've come to the conclusion that I can't have them in the house and not eat three a day. It's just not possible.

Other conclusions:

After sampling most of the flavors, I decided Cherry Pie was my favorite, followed by Pistachio, Cocoa Mole, Pecan Pie, and Apple Pie.

Jeff Bezos needs to stop selling the sampler boxes so that the bars come out to a buck or so with shipping, the no-good @%#$. Guy's so loaded he has cufflinks made of human teeth harvested from his crushed rivals, but he needs to torment me with cheap Larabars shipped 2-day? #%#$# him and his desk made out of an old door.

And it's therefore totally your fault that we hooked you - cause if you and Tom Bihn Inc. weren't so cool, we wouldn't like you so much!

And Zeph...it's totally your fault that we're hooked on Pistachio bars here at the offices.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjake View Post
    Jeff Bezos needs to stop selling the sampler boxes so that the bars come out to a buck or so with shipping, the no-good @%#$. Guy's so loaded he has cufflinks made of human teeth harvested from his crushed rivals, but he needs to torment me with cheap Larabars shipped 2-day? #%#$# him and his desk made out of an old door.
    Ohhh. I didn't know about that option. I might have to look into that.

I can't help but wonder if I can make these myself, or something similar. With such simple ingredients it shouldn't be too hard.

One of my son's teachers, who I turned into a Larabar zombie, was in a convenience store a few days ago and saw that all the Larabars were marked .79/ea. She confirmed with the manager that this was not a mistake, and then she bought all of the boxes in the store. All of them. Over a gross. My head hurts.

a gross of boxes or a gross of bars? Either way that is a lot.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

A gross of bars. For me, a month's supply.

Just bought 3 cases of the new Lara Bar mixed boxes at Costco! Great flavors and NO chocolate!
    As a point of advice to my fellow LaraBar addicts:
    DO NOT store your Larabars in the trunk of your car on very hot Summer days.
    Last year, in testing them for emergency usage, I stored 6 Larabars in my 72Hr Go Bag. Our August highs turned my trunk into a 110ļf oven.
    One week of that caused some of the plasticizers in the LaraBar packaging to leech into the bars themselves, giving them a nasty little - 'scent'. I can't be sure how that affected me from a nutritional standpoint.
    I will be sure to store the bars at below 90ļf - I suggest that you do the same. Bon Appetite !

New Lara Bar mixed boxes at Costco?? I'm going today!

Volunteer Moderator
    Sad news for all Lšrabar pistachio fans:
    Pistachio is retiring this month as a flavor. In fact, if you visit the main www.larabar.com site at this moment, you'll see the message: 2007-2010 Pistachio is Retiring! (kind of like an R.I.P.) Tom Bihn office staff, this is your last chance to stock up.

moriond

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0