Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kreckman
  • 2 Post By ilikepie

Thread: Packing Cube Aeronaut & Vertical Freudian Slip Modification

Lightbulb Packing Cube Aeronaut & Vertical Freudian Slip Modification

To add some organization to the Packing Cube (Aeronaut)

Step By Step
    1. Open the top sean of the Freudian Slip
    2. Cut the internal foam to about 3/8 inch over the top of the pocket
    3. Fold the excess fabric inside
    4. Sew the top back (the stitch will be visible) remember to re-attach the hanging strap.

Voila!

Organization in the packing cube that is easy to remove. If you put the file side against your back you will have some padding to ease the load.

Name:  Aeronaut Packing Cube & Freudian Slip.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  114.7 KB

I've been debating on doing this for the S25. Still hoping they will come out with one for it. Great job though. You are braver than I.

@kreckman - Good Hack for the Aeronaut PCBP!

@chrisc983 - My Vertical Freudian Slip fits fine in my S25 with no mods. There are others that have done this as well - I cannot find the posts that @Ilkyway and @moriond made showing this but try searching for it.

Cheers!

Edit: I found the link (thanks to @moriond and @Ilkyway for her great colorful pics!):

A smaller Smart Alec?

If not fully loaded, the S25 will fit a Vertical FS.
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Thanks tpnl but I usually have the S25 pretty packed for work use and didn't want to put any stress on the corners. Unfortunately on one of the top corners of my S25 the water repellant coating has already rubbed off of the dyneema from a bigger organizer folder I used to carry in it.

Maybe try this: To fit a full S25, I fold back the edges at a diagonal (like dog-earing the FS) and clip them with those black clips with silver handles.
    @kreckman's modification is a good permanent fix.

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

"those black clips with silver handles": binder clips, yes?
    tpnl and Ineffable like this.

Yes - binder clip thingies Thanks for naming them for me during my brain cramp!

http://getsimplifized.com/wp-content...inder-clip.jpg

Cheers!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0