Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By haraya

Thread: Help! Lost half of sternum strap while traveling

Help! Lost half of sternum strap while traveling

The left (male connector) half of the sternum strap on my Aerostar disappeared somewhere on a train in the UK. I'm now in South Africa, moving around, and can't do the obvious (order the one with the whistle as a replacement) until I return home. Any suggestions for a temporary work-around in the meanwhile, that doesn't involve use of chewing gum? Without the sternum strap, the fully-loaded bag does tend to pull on my shoulder and even slip off. I'll survive without it, but a work-around might be nice.

Thanks.

Gordon

You should be able to slip the remaining buckle between the webbing and padded strap on the opposite shoulder, the Aeronaut has a small gap between where the slider for the shoulder strap stitches on and the webbing where the shoulder strap slides that should fit it snugly, you might have to loosen off the shoulder strap to get it to fit.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  524.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  527.9 KB

Oh . . . obvious but I didn't see it! Should work -- thanks!

Gordon

Great solution Miking!

Another thought might be to use the removable waist strap if not already being used (if you have a more recent version of the Aeronaut with that item).

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

I often tie a bandanna or ribbon around the shoulder straps of my pack, (e.g. my PCBP) if it doesn't have a sternum strap or is too big for me (I am 5'0"). That way the straps don't rub against my inner arms or chest, and it helps hold the pack more snugly to my center. It has to be removed/adjusted every time you put on or take off the pack, but should hold you till you get back home.

surely there is an outdoor/hiking/canoeing/something store there. stop in, i bet they will have something that will work. though some side release buckles are proprietary, all the ones that i have seen on TB stuff is standard ITW-nexus.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0