Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By kollarc
  • 1 Post By Rocks
  • 1 Post By Jeff A

Thread: Co-Pilot Waist-Strap Hack

Co-Pilot Waist-Strap Hack

Forgive me if there's already another thread on this but I am excited that I might have broken new ground here. If not, I'm still happy to share in my excitement on this little trick that make's the co-pilot even cooler than it already is-

After visiting the Tom Bihn Showroom, I made an impromptu purchase of a Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-pilot to use as my day-pack while traveling Europe this summer. After browsing the website, it didn't even occur to me that this would be the most perfect awesome bag for trekking around Europe in. I will be packing it into my newly purchased Aeronaut (If I run out of money while I'm over there at least I know exactly where it all went). Anyway, after taking it home and filling it/walking around, one thing became apparent.. "Where's the waist strap?" - I thought that it would be a royal pain having to balance this thing over every corridor, bump, jump, bike-ride, and staircase along the way; Something I didn't exactly think about while salivating all over TB's latest creations in-person. So I came up with this...

Name:  Co-pilot strapped distance.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  64.2 KB

By using the TB waist strap normally for the Aeronaut and other backpacks, the clips for these *snugly* fit into the loops that the shoulder strap is attached to..

Name:  Co-pilot strapped.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  72.6 KB

This clearly wasn't designed for this to work the way it does, and the only downfall is that it does add a bit of forward rotation to the attachment point of the loop, but the strap itself compensates and makes a nice waist strap that keeps my Co-pilot tight against my back and secure from bag-snatchers.

Here's a close-up of what's really going on..

Name:  Co-pilot clip.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  98.0 KB

Well done! I bike occasionally with a Copilot, too. I've used the waist straps to make a PCSB into a fanny pack (anathema to some people, but awesome for cyclists and state fair goers) but it never occurred to me to make use of them as a stabilizer strap. Thanks for the great idea!

Just tried it! Genius idea.
    eWalker likes this.

Nice! You can also do this with the Stabilizer Strap, that's what I've used before. But I didn't find it comfortable for very long because of the clumsy way of attaching. I hope future Co-Pilots address this!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Nice! You can also do this with the Stabilizer Strap, that's what I've used before. But I didn't find it comfortable for very long because of the clumsy way of attaching. I hope future Co-Pilots address this!
    Can the Stabilizer Strap be used with the Co-Pilot?
    eWalker likes this.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0