Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoStanford

Thread: Affixing lanyard onto guardian light

Affixing lanyard onto guardian light

Is the guardian light supposed to snap onto the lanyard securely? Right now I can wiggle open the clasp on the guardian light and slide the lanyard buckle on, but it doesn't move smoothly and the light doesn't snap onto the tapered buckle. I am left with an awkwardly floppy light. I would like it to be secure and lay flat like in the photos for the product.

Please advise.

From the product page's pictures, it looks like the opening will close and hook on the lanyard. Is your buckle too big for the light's clasp?
    Maybe if you could take a picture, it might be easier for someone to help out.

I agree a picture would be ideal but I think the only option from my phone is to open a Tapatalk account to post a picture, which I prefer not to do. I was hoping a description would suffice so that I could get confirmation that the closing/hooking mechanism is intended to be smooth and secure. The light itself is a nice product but if the attachment mechanism is not straightforward for me, I plan to return it. Oh well!

I do get what you're trying to describe, but am sadly unable to help. Don't have a Guardian Light
    But I did just get a thought, are there any marks on the plastic caused by friction between the clasp and the buckle?
    If it's supposed to fit smoothly, there shouldn't be any, if there are, the marks might indicate the offending area.

I was hesitant to jam the buckle onto the clasp hard enough to find out if it leaves marks...it doesn't feel quite right that it takes this much tugging to "snap" the light on. That made me think I was not approaching it the right way.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I was hesitant to jam the buckle onto the clasp hard enough to find out if it leaves marks...it doesn't feel quite right that it takes this much tugging to "snap" the light on. That made me think I was not approaching it the right way.
    It's one of those things that does take a little force, but don't worry: it won't damage the light or the lanyard. Attach the light to the lanyard by doing what you originally did, but "force" it further so that you hear a nice snap and you'll be good.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's one of those things that does take a little force, but don't worry: it won't damage the light or the lanyard. Attach the light to the lanyard by doing what you originally did, but "force" it further so that you hear a nice snap and you'll be good.
    Darcy - thanks so much for this tip! It turns out I was trying to snap the lanyard onto the opening end of the light's clasp, and instead the lanyard does slide quite nicely with a little pressure onto the U-shaped sealed end of the clasp. Now the light is secure and the lanyard lays flat, and I'm definitely keeping this as a useful safety and emergency tool!
    Darcy likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0