Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By feijai

Thread: ADding 2.2L to my Brain Bag

ADding 2.2L to my Brain Bag

I don't carry around a water bottle, thermos, or umbrella. So what to do with the rear straps on the Brain Bag? The straps barely take a 4" diameter bag, so at 5" diameter, the tripod quiver is too big for me (and the shortest is too long to nestle well in the space in the back of the pack). What to do? The answer is obvious of course: have my own bag made. :-)

Gray ripstop nylon, orange cord, with a strap in the bottom and a vertically-placed D-ring in the back, both of them to affix it permanently to the Brain Bag if so desired. Weighs nothing, folds into a space half the size of a cigarette pack. Stuffed to the gills with baby socks as shown below, it's about 3.75" in diameter by 12 inches high. Easily wide enough for me to put my (large) hand down. so I can use it for coke bottles etc. too. What do you think?

Name:  DSC06960.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  DSC06963.jpeg
Views: 308
Size:  222.3 KB

Name:  DSC06964.jpeg
Views: 310
Size:  188.2 KB

Name:  DSC06972.jpeg
Views: 313
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  DSC06975.jpeg
Views: 310
Size:  189.6 KB

In the last picture, it's holding a wine bottle.
    Last edited by feijai; 03-07-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Blue Parapack Brain Bag with Brain Cell

Very cool. I have to ask, in the second picture, it looks like there is a piece of webbing on the bottom of the bag that is wrapped around the webbing on the BB. How do you get the bag off the BB. I've been up a very long time and may not be seeing clearly right now.
    Thanks,
    Moose.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I added the webbing as an optional thing, thought it was probably smart to do. If you're just throwing the sack on and off, you might not use it. But if you want to affix the sack more permanently to the bag, it's available. Anyway, you could use a gatekeeper clip I guess or something else too.

Undoing the webbing is easy: (1) Take the horizontal webbing out of its buckle and the vertical strap. (2) Slide the bag off of the webbing strap. Takes about 15 secs.

I've had the sack for all of five hours, so who knows what I'll settle on. But generally it's not hard using the webbing, because when I'm not putting something on the bag, I clean up the webbing pretty tight, and to do it right involves re-routing the vertical webbing anyway.
    Blue Parapack Brain Bag with Brain Cell

Ah yes, thanks. The key is that the bottom strap comes loose and you fit the horizontal webbing through your add on pouch. I get it now. I used to have an old style BB and didn't remember that part coming loose.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0