Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Yoda Sloth
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Use a 16 inch Keystrap as Side Effect “handle”

Use a 16 inch Keystrap as Side Effect “handle”

I admit this is not original. I saw it on the forum and decided to try it, it worked, so thought I would post pictures. (I can’t find the post where I saw it, so I am unable to credit the brilliant person who thought of this – apologies!)

When I carry a bag with a long strap, I always like to have something shorter to “grab” if I am just carrying the bag a short distance (much like the grab loop on the café bags). Otherwise, I find myself wrapping the long strap around one hand, or just holding the whole bag in my hand.

The 16 inch key strap offers a perfect short strap for the side effect. I got a black one for “formal” occasions, and a wasabi one (matches the interior) for when I want something a bit more “fun”.

I added mine to the long strap (so carrying with both), but could also envision occasions where just the short strap would work.

Photos of how it looks.... (sorry the second one is blurry, I had a dreadful time trying to get clear pictures to show up right in the post this morning)

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  307.1 KBName:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  253.4 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    I admit this is not original. I saw it on the forum and decided to try it, it worked, so thought I would post pictures. (I can’t find the post where I saw it, so I am unable to credit the brilliant person who thought of this – apologies!)

When I carry a bag with a long strap, I always like to have something shorter to “grab” if I am just carrying the bag a short distance (much like the grab loop on the café bags). Otherwise, I find myself wrapping the long strap around one hand, or just holding the whole bag in my hand.

The 16 inch key strap offers a perfect short strap for the side effect. I got a black one for “formal” occasions, and a wasabi one (matches the interior) for when I want something a bit more “fun”.

I added mine to the long strap (so carrying with both), but could also envision occasions where just the short strap would work.
    There's have been a number of posts using keystraps with the Side Effect and 3D Organizer cubes, and also using handle loops attached to one end. Here's one shown in Janine's review of the earlier model Side Effect. The first generation Side Effects were made of Cordura, and the picture shows an Indigo Side Effect with a (solid color) 16" Wasabi keystrap.
    Last edited by moriond; 01-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.

You are amazing! I couldn't find a post I read a week ago, and you remembered and located a post on the same topic from 2.5 years ago! Wow!

Added a 16" keystrap to one of my (several) open orders..... I'm amazed the TB crew doesn't get annoyed with my doing that, but really, the fault lies with y'all for your many good ideas!

This is my fav new thing ever. I have a navy ballistic side effect (with lovely iberian inside) and I added an UV 16 inch strap. It looks great and beautiful. I have also the olive/UV side effect, but I have yet to use it, as I feel strangely like I would be cheating on my navy SE...does anyone else have this issue?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0