Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Cleaning the urethane on 3D cubes, etc.

While in the process of sorting my "overstock" of various clear 3D cubes, clear organizer pouches and clear quarter packing cubes I find myself wanting to clean the "clear" urethane material to a new-like condition. As the various cubes and pouches shift and switch to new functions the previous "life" seems to leave a tell-tale fingerprint upon the urethane surface.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than a non amonia windex spray?

Thanxs!

I usually just dunk mine in a warm bath with Dr. Bronner's soap and wipe with a soft rag. After sitting to dry, they look brand new!
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I usually just dunk mine in a warm bath with Dr. Bronner's soap and wipe with a soft rag. After sitting to dry, they look brand new!
    Ditto. You can use other mild soaps if you don't have Dr. Brommer's, which I use in liquid format.

I use eco friendly dish soap, as in handwashing dishes soap, the brand is seventh generation. free and clear (as in unscented).

I periodically transfer some of the soap into a travel size bottle which I use in the laundry area to remove the occasional grease stains from clothes.

My beloved vintage Cordura Cafe and soon Swifts have gotten or will get the deep cleaning treatment.

Soak the item in water and a couple of drops of dish soap, let sit, use a wash cloth to clean or a very soft old toothbrush to spot clean a stained area, I think I did that when the bag was inside out and gave a good clean to the pockets, at the same time.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0