Best way to pack a mens suit into my new Tri-Star bag

I have seen a great Youtube video on folding a mens suit, but was wondering if anybody has found a plastic bag (zip lock) that it can fit into before packing in the tri-star. Leaving some air in the bag reduces wrinkles....so I am told

I've seen them on Amazon, I think.

I have found oversize ZipLoc bags at Target.

Oversize Non-Food Storage Products - ZiplocŪ brand

Before Tom Bihn made Packing Cubes and Travel Stuff Sacks, I used plastic zip bags to pack my things.

Removing the air from the bag saves space, but only if used with rolled garments.

The best way to pack a suit is to follow Maverick instructions.

Follow the Video link at the bottom of the page and choose Aeronaute. The video "Packing a Suit in An Aeronaute" is one of the link.

I am hoping it shows below:

Packing a Suit in the Tom Bihn Aeronaut Maximum Carry-on Bag - YouTube

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    I don't have any personal experience with packing a suit, but you might want to also check out the following link for a super helpful post by forum member Miking: Roll or Fold in Packing Cubes?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Before Tom Bihn made Packing Cubes and Travel Stuff Sacks, I used plastic zip bags to pack my things.

Removing the air from the bag saves space, but only if used with rolled garments.

The best way to pack a suit is to follow Maverick instructions.

Follow the Video link at the bottom of the page and choose Aeronaute. The video "Packing a Suit in An Aeronaute" is one of the link.

I am hoping it shows below:

Packing a Suit in the Tom Bihn Aeronaut Maximum Carry-on Bag - YouTube
    @Backpack I don't think that Maverick's method will work for the Tri-Star. The Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Sleeve size is 21 x 13 x 2 in / 53 x 33 x 5 cm. That can fit into an Aeronaut with the inner flaps unsnapped, but the largest size Eagle Creek Pack-It that can fit in the Tri-Star is their 18 inch Pack-It Folder.

I just packed my husband's suit in a 22" rolling suitcase and it turned out great. I did the method where you fold one shoulder over the other, turning the jacket inside out, and leaving the sleeves to hang naturally inside (don't stuff one into the other). Then either fold it in half or in thirds. I didn't put it in plastic, as the instructions I read said the plastic would make it move around, which is what causes the wrinkles. You're supposed to have it packed fairly snug against other items, and the "inside out" part of the jacket serves as the barrier that I believe most people are looking for with the plastic covers. The jacket didn't even need to hang in the steamy bathroom before wearing. You can find a video of this method on YouTube. Worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Backpack I don't think that Maverick's method will work for the Tri-Star. The Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Sleeve size is 21 x 13 x 2 in / 53 x 33 x 5 cm. That can fit into an Aeronaut with the inner flaps unsnapped, but the largest size Eagle Creek Pack-It that can fit in the Tri-Star is their 18 inch Pack-It Folder.
    Oops got confused about the Travel Bag because I had just responded to a thread that included both the Aeronaute and the Tristar.

I packed a Medium suit jacket in the Brain Bag using the turning the jacket upside down method in a Packing Cube Bacpack. I also used the same method to pack my Plus Size but lightweight and short sleeve suit jacket.

The Tristar is even roomier than the Brain Bag so that should not be a problem, my outfits were packed in Packing Cubes.

I agree with the method used by dwright above. I regularly use this method to pack a suit jacket into my Aeronaut, folding the jacket in thirds at the end. Sometimes I put it in a full packing cube, just for a bit of containment. I have packed 5 different jackets this way, and all have come out pretty well on the other side!
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0