Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MTFire

Thread: Zipper pulls

Zipper pulls

I have read numerous posts on this forum about the Tom Bihn zipper pulls and have not seen any that describe how to get the plastic tips off easily.

Take some needle nose pliers and grab the very top of the plastic part, it is rounded and there is a visible line that divides it from the bottom case. Hold the plastic case in one hand and pull the top with the pliers, it doesn't take much pulling effort and it will pull right off with no damage to the case or cord.

I used 550 paracord and replaced all of my zipper pulls on my Smart Alec in under 5 minutes. I sealed the ends of the paracord with a Bic lighter but be carefull, the flame has to be on the end for at most 1 second, I can grab the end with my finger tips and push it sealed. If the flame is there longer, the cord gets too hot to handle and will melt onto your finger tips. I found that out the hard way!

John

Yam
    Interesting - do you have any pictures of your new zipper pulls?

I will post some pics as soon as I get my PC back, it is in the shop getting repaired, and I am on my IPad now.

John

I find it much easier to use a plastic spudger (like those that are used to pry open smartphones/iPods). Just insert the thin edge into the slot between head and body, press in, then twist the spudger a bit to pop the head off.

They look amazing on the Field Journal Notebook!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0