Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Miking
  • 4 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By Frank II

Thread: How to: Pack duct tape for travel and EDC

How to: Pack duct tape for travel and EDC

Duct tape is one of the most useful tools to MacGyver your way out of any situation and can be compactly packed by wrapping it around a plastic card like an old hotel key card.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 4056
Size:  409.7 KB
    Shown here in the Pocket Pouch.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  428.1 KB

I used to do that as well. Now I just buy travel size duct tape:

Mini Roll Duct Tape 2 roll pack - for all your travel size needs
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

But then you miss out on the rainbow of colors and prints that are possible!!! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3199
Size:  409.6 KB

There are 3 things I can count on when I'm on the road: downtime, unfettered access to miles of tape and hotel key cards, so many key cards!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    But then you miss out on the rainbow of colors and prints that are possible!!!
    As a male, I was brought up to believe that duct tape is supposed to be gray. Anything else is just sacrilege.
    earth5 likes this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Genius idea, Miking! As for tape colors, Miking and I are in similar industries (I'm in theater) and we use different colors to mark the deck all the time (spike tape). I may have to make a roll of black gaff. More than once it's been called on to fix a detached shoe sole!

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Great idea! I've always just carried around a big roll in my truck. I'll have to make a couple of these to add to EDC's in various bags.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

dollar store.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0