Like Tree12Likes
  • 9 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By helen_uk
  • 1 Post By bltkmt
  • 1 Post By henryjin

Thread: How To: Conceal Organizer pouches with Handle Loop

How To: Conceal Organizer pouches with Handle Loop

The Tom Bihn Handle Loop can be used to conceal any of the Organizer Pouches inside your pants. Shown here with the Pocket Pouch but could be used with any of the smaller organizer pouches.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2148
Size:  142.6 KB
Views: 2011
Size:  154.5 KB
    It can be pulled out for easy access.
Views: 1891
Size:  78.9 KB
    and tucked into a pocket to give would be pickpockets an extra challenge in "safe" areas.

That's a good idea to use the handle loop like that. I don't wear a belt, so I've been attaching the pocket pouch to one of the belt loops on my jeans.

Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by helen_uk View Post
    That's a good idea to use the handle loop like that. I don't wear a belt, so I've been attaching the pocket pouch to one of the belt loops on my jeans.
    Lucky!! I belong to the group of people that cant get away without wearing a belt, in the shower water falls unimpeded from my shoulders to the ground!

Wait, how did you do that x-ray photo?
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Wait, how did you do that x-ray photo?
    Photo booth for iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Lucky!! I belong to the group of people that cant get away without wearing a belt, in the shower water falls unimpeded from my shoulders to the ground!
    I also suffer from the "decreasing circumference" problem, although my issue starts at the waist.

Nice use of the loop strap! I'm glad you posted this, since I've been too lazy to take good photos of my technique for a similar trick. I do a similar thing, but use a key strap with a split ring attached. (I have some photos, but they're too yucky to post with pride (and the "x-ray" shot is so awesome it would put normal images to shame.). To do the key strap+ring method, snap the entire clip off of one end of a key strap, then slide a split ring into the loop. I have a mini pouch with the clip snapped off, but the tiny plastic ring remaining, that I use for a wallet. The strap gets threaded around my belt, clipped to my wallet (aka, mini solar dyneema pouch), then tucked inside my waistband. I've done this for weeks while travelling in sketchy areas, and it's worked out well. I'm amazed at how comfortable it actually is. It really disappears. Like with the loop strap it can still be attached while the wallet/pouch is in a pocket. One advantage may be the ability to slip the strap on and off without removing the belt. On the other hand, using the loop strap may be more airport security friendly than a metal split ring in your pants! I don't want to have to explain that to the TSA.

Hmm, does anyone know if the Pocket Pouch holds a passport? The dimensions seem to be quite close...

Quote Originally Posted by henryjin View Post
    Hmm, does anyone know if the Pocket Pouch holds a passport? The dimensions seem to be quite close...
    No, it's too small for a passport. The 'opening' would fit something that's around 58mm - a little bigger than a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by helen_uk View Post
    No, it's too small for a passport. The 'opening' would fit something that's around 58mm - a little bigger than a credit card.
    Aw, that's too bad. Thanks for the info though - I guess you could still do the handle loop thing with the passport-specific RFID pouch.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0