Post By Miking
Post By Fat Crip
Post By Miking
Alternative to monkey-fist zipper pull
This is what I have done for the lid zipper on my Aeronaut. It's called a cobra knot, and if that's not a cool name for something I don't know what is! As an added bonus you can untie it and you have a yard of 2 mm cord that you can use to:
- make a clothesline
- replace a shoelace
- make an emergency belt
- lash your bag to an alpaca, vehicle or sturdy friend
- make a splint with sticks or a magazine
- build an impromptu shelter
- build an impromptu pillow-fort
- make a tripwire to alert you to intruders
- make a hair tie
- spice up your love life
- hold your seedy hotel door closed
- snare rat living in seedy hotel
- along with duct tape; repair just about anything
- individual strands can be used for thread, floss, fishing line etc...
- the list goes on and on..... Add any of your own below!
You can see how to make one here:
Last edited by Darcy; 12-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.
I use the same knot (I call it a Solomon bar) for all sorts of things including as a very chunky key ring!
Brilliant! along with the bigger carabiner you have everything you need to set up an emergency anchor to rappel out of a seedy motel window using your bed sheets! (Don't try this at home kids!) although I will say tied diagonally a queen bed sheet is good for one floor...
Originally Posted by Fat Crip
Watch Cirque du Soliel aerial silk artists for style tips... Lol
Tags for this Thread
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO