Like Tree17Likes
  • 7 Post By Miking
  • 2 Post By Proctor
  • 3 Post By Proctor
  • 5 Post By drbobguy

Thread: Customize your zipper pulls

Customize your zipper pulls

You can change up the color of your zipper pulls with 3mm accessory cord available in many colors, as well as reflective and glowing varieties. you can buy it from almost any outdoor store with a climbing section. The red ones definitely help find the zippers in dim light, and the best part being that if you decide you don't like it it's just a matter of a few minutes to change it back.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  91.7 KB

Very cool, thanks for this!

I just ordered some of this cord from REI, only in black, because I want slightly longer pulls than the one TB provided with my tristar (so I can loop them through the metal pulls). Looks like there are also interesting blue/red reflective colors like yours above, but I thought I'd keep it professional/clean with black.

Here is an example of my zipper pull on the Co-Pilot.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  982.5 KB
    Darcy and cucciasv like this.

Attached are photos of my Synapse & CoPilot with reflective green zipper pulls.... CoPilot with TB pulls & Synapse with knots found here:

http://onespeedgo.blogspot.com/2012/...rides.html?m=1

The cordage is NiteEyze I beleive.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Added some blue reflective cord to my Tristar to match the Tristar logo:

Name:  photo (73).JPG
Views: 931
Size:  142.2 KB

It was pretty easy to do, I bought the cord off Amazon (3mm blue reflective cord) and cut it to be slightly longer than the included ones to allow it to wrap through the metal tab. I then removed the nylon cord, and melted the ends. One thing I will note, is that if you just melt the ends, the resulting blob of nylon goop will be too big to allow it to slide into the TB connector. What I did was to smoosh the molten end while it was still hot with pliers, giving it a flatter shape. The whole thing took maybe 30 minutes.
    Last edited by drbobguy; 12-28-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0