Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Absolute strap - which way round?

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Verysimple, for curved straps, I'm assuming the shorter side is towards the bag when you carry cross body, but when it is not cross body and on the same shoulder as the bag, shouldn't the short side be facing towards you?
    dorayme. See my post #7 above. The easiest way to think of this is when carrying on the same shoulder, the bag does not hang perpendicular or straight down from the shoulder. It hangs a little away from the body due to the hips. If you hold the strap ends of the curved strap straight up and down in front of you, you'll see that the top of the strap is not parallel to the ground like a straight strap would be. If you then angle the strap so the top is parallel to the ground, you'll see how the bag will naturally hang a little towards the shorter end. Having said that, I'm all for whatever feels more comfortable and agree with your cross body carry thoughts.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I now will have to experiment with my strap as I am confused. . .
    I really, really like TB Bags!

As always, whatever works best or feels better for you.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

The revelation that I have in the past carried curved strap bags "the wrong way" has made a huge difference in how comfortable they are to carry. I always positioned the curve so the inner edge was towards my neck. I still do so when carrying cross-body (otherwise it cuts into my neck) but now when carrying on a single shoulder I postiion it the opposite way. SO MUCH EASIER to shoulder the weight and keep it on my shoulder.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0