Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Mirazyme experience anyone?

Mirazyme experience anyone?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for using Mirazyme. During a recent trip, my Tri-Star picked up a funk of sorts. There doesn't seem to be a single site/source of the smell, but rather it emanates from the entire bag. The odor isn't deadly but still I don't want any contents to pick it up. So I thought Mirazyme might be the answer.

If anyone has previous experience using the product, did you dunk or spray the application? Also, is the water repellency affected by Mirazyme (enough so where it is necessary to reapply)?

thanks for any insights!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums, myhoosier.

Check out this blog post: MiraZyme vs. the smoky Swift in Cork

Go for the dunk -- submerse the bag in your sink or bath tub with the MiraZyme. We don't think it will affect the water repellency and we recommend then using your bag for a couple of months before reapplying a water repellant coating like Nikwax.
    Just likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes