Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Upload photos from my computer

I've taken a bunch of Tom Bihn product photos and want to post them on the board. Only, I can't figure out how from the directions.

Help!!!!
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    maverick made an awesome video on how to do this, but the steps have changed since the forum upgrade. Here's a quick guide -- let me know if this works, it's written in haste!

The easiest way to upload an image to the forum is if you've already uploaded it to a website and can link to its path in your forum post by clicking on the Insert Image button (it's the little icon with a tree) when you're writing a new post. You need to have a URL to your image like this one:
    http://www.tombihn.com/blogimages/newwallets.jpg

The other option is to upload your images to the forum as attachments.
    Scroll down below the text field of your new response to the Additional Options area.
    Attachments is the first bolded option. Click on the Manage Attachments button.
    A window will pop-up called File Upload Manager.
    Click on Add Files in the upper right-hand corner.
    Click on Select Files.
    Then, navigating around the folders on your computer, select the images you'd like to post to the forum.
    Once you have selected all of the images you'd like to share, click 'Open' and then, back in the forum image upload window, click on 'Upload Files'
    Back in the Manage Attachments window, you should see your images in the bottom part of the window named Attachments. Make sure their boxes are checked and then click the Insert Inline option. Your images should now be added to the post you are authoring.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, I get to the point where I'm uploading the files....but I get an "exclamation point" and no photos show up.

I'll try Flickr instead.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Strange! What's the height/width of the photos and the file size?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It's 2.8 MB...not sure of the size. I think 4320 X 3240. Flickr worked but it would be better imbedded.

That image is probably too big for the forums. Can you try resizing it to 800 wide and then posting it?

I'll have to find a way to resize it. The camera is new so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I use Photo Shrink from the Apple App Store. I can't remember if it was free or not, but it may have cost around 5. Once installed, you simply drag your pic in to the window and drag a slider to shrink it to the size you need. It then saves it to another folder from which you can embed it. It couldn't be simpler!

Thanks, Fat Crip -- that's a great suggestion.

Thanks, Eric, I went to their website and they allow you to do it for free. (I have a PC). It worked.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Thanks, Eric, I went to their website and they allow you to do it for free. (I have a PC). It worked.
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I use Photo Shrink from the Apple App Store. I can't remember if it was free or not, but it may have cost around 5. Once installed, you simply drag your pic in to the window and drag a slider to shrink it to the size you need. It then saves it to another folder from which you can embed it. It couldn't be simpler!
    Or you can use free IrfanView to re size your photos.

@Darcy:
    Nice picture of ID. Where I can see those photos?!

Quote Originally Posted by AHS0 View Post
    @Darcy:
    Nice picture of ID. Where I can see those photos?!
    Here!

Help! I'm trying to upload pictures. First the exclamation point showed up, so I used photo shrink to make the pictures smaller. They are jpegs from my iPhone. Now, a question mark shows up in the attachment where each picture should be. Thanks for any help. Take care, LauraA
    "To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive."
    LauraA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0