Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

2015 New Designs, are they there yet?

It was on the blog:

Skookum Dog Citizen Canine
    Cross-Body Knitting Bag
    TOM BIHN Luggage Tag

Also, any news on the FJN for portable e-devices?

And... where is my Dyneema Trench?
    This is a running joke, as I met Tom and Darcy, they are fully aware, that your truly, height, girth and width would take the better length of a roll of yummy UV Dyneema fabric.
    I saw those rolls of fabrics at the factory.

Better models who include all Seattle area TB forum participants.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It was on the blog:

Skookum Dog Citizen Canine
    Cross-Body Knitting Bag
    TOM BIHN Luggage Tag

Also, any news on the FJN for portable e-devices?
    I'm actually in a top-secret location testing the latest -- and, we think, final -- Citizen Canine prototype right now. I'm hoping to be given the OK to post hints sometime soon!

The cross-body knitting bag is being designed. I'm hearing lots of interesting ideas and seeing some intriguing sketches....

We expect the TOM BIHN Luggage Tag will be available for order by late February (along with a couple of other surprises!)

And, of course, there's other stuff in the works but I've been sworn to secrecy.

I wouldn't expect a new Field Journal Notebook anytime soon. It's on the list, but it's not currently being worked on.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, You have developed and finely honed your TB tease. Brava!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

How about an updated Western Flyer? Or just a restock of the rolling luggage handle version?

Forum Member
    2nd on rolling luggage version

Darcy last year you mentioned a new Backpack Design, while you are in the "spilling some hints mood" might you want to say something about that too?

Very happy about the Citizen Canine!
    Very sad about the Field Journal Notebook.
    Very exited about HINTS and SECRETS and that all leading to exiting new products!!!

Ilkyway

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Darcy last year you mentioned a new Backpack Design, while you are in the "spilling some hints mood" might you want to say something about that too?
    Nooo! Don't tempt me! I can say that the new backpack design is still a ways away.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Well as long as you ceep the kryptic hints coming we can wait ;-)

I am so excited to hear about the Citizen Canine! I have avoided buying a cheapo poop bag holding accessory in anticipation. I look forward to the surprises, too!

Darcy, is the cross body knitting bag the Imago replacement? Or will it be similar in volume to the Little Swift that is retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by blusquid View Post
    Darcy, is the cross body knitting bag the Imago replacement? Or will it be similar in volume to the Little Swift that is retiring?
    As of now (or at the time of the announcement?), it's the same size as the LS. (See post #1 here.) May be 'upsized' if the response is good, though! (here)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The cross-body knitting bag is being designed. I'm hearing lots of interesting ideas and seeing some intriguing sketches....
    Darcy, I'm totally here for you if you need a brand new knitter to test out the bag. You know, to make sure it's really intuitive, even for newbies.
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Darcy, I'm totally here for you if you need a brand new knitter to test out the bag. You know, to make sure it's really intuitive, even for newbies.
    Ditto what @Pokilani said. You know, in case you need two new knitters for testing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    it's the same size as the LS. (See post #1 here.)
    Thanks @adalangdon, I don't know how I missed that detail when I first read that post!

Forum Member
    If you want an extremely experienced, always-knitting knitter, let me know.