Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Share Your Fun Christmas TB Gift Stories Here!

Share Your Fun Christmas TB Gift Stories Here!

I'll start - Last night I exchanged Christmas gifts with my niece, who is staying with us for a few months. I got her a large TB Shop Bag as one of her gifts. I knew this would be a hit, because she has totally taken over my Nordic LSB. I tell her every time I see it I remind her that it's discontinued and she can't have it forever, so it's a running joke. Okay, so fast forward to last night. She opens the gift and said, "You didn't! My very own Tom Bihn shopping bag! Oh, YEAH!" Her boyfriend was somewhat puzzled, but rolling with it, he said, "A cool shopping bag, huh?" She leapt up (even though she was sitting right beside him) and started explaining the bag. Without taking a breath, she said, "Oh, yeah it's cool, look at it! This is the best shopping bag EVER! See the pockets inside? You can put bottles of wine in there, and the middle holds a TON, and even though it's really heavy when it's all filled up, you have these pads on the strap, AND the strap is long enough that it doesn't grab your armpit when walking home. You can also turn it inside out to get even more in it!" And another TB fan blossoms under my roof! I may have to add to the collection for her birthday!

I love giving gifts that are so well-received. Big thanks to the TB crew for designing and making such wonderful bags, for their great customer service, and for their kindness and generosity with all of us!

Anybody else have any fun TB gift stories to share yet?

Not yet. But I hope my husband reacts as happily to the Cadet he's getting tomorrow. He is a convert to the shop bags.

I gave my Secret Santa at work a yarn stuff sack with a few skeins of yarn and she let out such a squeal of excitement when I showed her how the YSS worked that a few people came running because they thought a stack of boxes had fallen on her or something (where I work that's not uncommon) lol! She'd never heard of Tom Bihn before but I think she might just be a convert. My sister is getting the same thing tomorrow and I hope she likes it as much

Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    Not yet. But I hope my husband reacts as happily to the Cadet he's getting tomorrow. He is a convert to the shop bags.
    I hope he likes it! I know I love mine - very slim, sleek and professional yet can hold so much!

Cheers!
    S25/SA/Pilot/Cadet/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), Zephyr/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Mine started yesterday. I've been wanting a Dyneema/Iberia A45 but noticed they ran out. I was holding out because I knew my in-laws were getting me a TB gift certificate for x-mas . Because of the good advice of forum members, I called customer service yesterday and they had one. I walked over to the x-mas tree and opened up the nice card from the in-laws with an even nicer gift certificate.

My wife got me something from TB that is under the tree. I think it's the clear 3D organize, which I asked for. It's been a great couple of TB weeks, especially since the PU was delivered about a week ago!!

I gave a Verde and Coyote Side Effect with the extra straps (hand strap and waist strap) to two of my buddies. And Iberian and Ultraviolet small Shop Bags to their wives. They seemed pleased. Another friend got a steel Travel Tray. I also got a Dyneema Side Effect and steel Shop Bags in both sizes for my wife. Just spreading the Tom Bihn love around.
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy A30, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy Co-Pilot, Navy Side Effect, Burnt Orange DLBP, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange and Navy S19s (yes two).

I gave my mom a little swift. I am slowly converting her hehe. I got a passport pouch which is very much what I needed and some other travel gear-packing cubes, Scrubba, battery pack, and world adapter. And I got a TB gift certificate!
    French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Last night my SIL opened his travel tray (steel) and TOTALLY GOT IT. No demo required!

DDs each got a SE with COW inside. (Love typing that...) Quotes -- Re Black Dyneema/UV: "OMG it's purple inside!!!" Re Aubergine (when I offered up the possibility of a color exchange): "No thank you very much, this isn't going anywhere!"

Spreading the infection, oops, I mean love.

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Last edited by Orangeboys; 12-25-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Happy to report that hubby likes his Cadet, although he has concerns about whether it's big enough. I told him he has to practice pack :-)

And the box from my mom contained a coyote SE, grey SCB, an A30-sized TLSS, and a steel TSS (size 4). @Orangeboys I only need one more SCB to match your LS collection.

Best part, though, was hubby's disappointment at my mom's gift as he was concerned there would be nothing left to buy for my birthday in January. I told him no need to worry.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! To everyone else, I wish you a peaceful day.
    Last edited by brendabethman; 12-25-2014 at 11:47 AM.

. . . the box from my mom contained a coyote SE, grey SCB, an A30-sized TLSS, and a steel TSS (size 4). @Orangeboys I only need one more SCB to match your LS collection.

Best part, though, was hubby's disappointment as my mom's gift as he was concerned there would be nothing left to buy for my birthday in January. I told him no need to worry. . . .
    Well, you're easy to shop for!

Volunteer Moderator
    Happy to report that hubby likes his Cadet, although he has concerns about whether it's big enough. I told him he has to practice pack :-)

And the box from my mom contained a coyote SE, grey SCB, an A30-sized TLSS, and a steel TSS (size 4). @Orangeboys I only need one more SCB to match your LS collection.

Best part, though, was hubby's disappointment as my mom's gift as he was concerned there would be nothing left to buy for my birthday in January. I told him no need to worry.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! To everyone else, I wish you a peaceful day.
    @brendabethman With the Cadet, I think you have to get more used to using the space in the front zippered pocket, too. The Lands' End Square Rigger Attach that you're replacing was designed more to stuff everything in the center compartment, although you could also fit some papers and items into the front velcroed pocket. One of the reasons I thought the Cadet made a more likely replacement than the Founder's Briefcase that @Mausermama liked for its similar design style was the additional front pocket space. (The Founder's Briefcase only has a pocket for a smart phone on the outside of the bag).

Hope your husband finds the Cadet a good long-term briefcase! Steel/Iberian is a beautiful color combination for that bag, though you could have gotten it in Coyote (to match your new Side Effect), or Verde (to match your new Little Swift). Sounds like a very productive (and happy) Christmas.

moriond

Oh, and I forgot to add a pic of my stuff, so here it is:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419532994.583491.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  445.4 KB

@moriond The steel is very nice, but I let him know that he has other color options -- and of course he can preview them since I have SEs in black, verde, and (now) coyote.
    Last edited by brendabethman; 12-26-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    @brendabethman, Isn't there a danger that your husband will decide to "adopt" one of your Side Effects if he has a Cadet in a matching color (using the argument that they clearly "belong" together)? Or has he not discovered how useful the Side Effects are, especially for airplane travel?

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @brendabethman, Isn't there a danger that your husband will decide to "adopt" one of your Side Effects if he has a Cadet in a matching color (using the argument that they clearly "belong" together)? Or has he not discovered how useful the Side Effects are, especially for airplane travel?

moriond
    Shhhh......he doesn't know (yet :-)

This is my Christmas haul from Tom Bihn this year.

Name:  tom_bihn_christmas2014_haul.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  449.9 KB

I was like an excited little kid when the packages arrived.
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy A30, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy Co-Pilot, Navy Side Effect, Burnt Orange DLBP, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange and Navy S19s (yes two).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast