Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Shop Bags - TETRIS and TARDIS

I've been using my Small Shop Bags (Iberian and Steel) as shop bags for a couple of weeks now, but never for groceries until yesterday. There was a bagger on my checkout line, and as she reached (absently) for the bags, she stopped as soon as her hand touched the fabric. I swear, she petted the bag, and flipped it over to see the label. She then proceeded to tetris-pack each one to the limit. When she finished, she said, "Wow, I really like these bags -- they look small, but you can fit SO MUCH in them!" Hearing that, the checker came over to look, and we had a little TB Admiration party right there in line!

I recently had a similar experience. The checkout guy asked where I got them. He loved them, especially the handles. I usually put the bag on the belt followed by what I want in that bag then goes the next bag and so on. My OCD in high gear.
    Last edited by Moose; 12-21-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I'm still waiting for mine to get due notice but I usually go through the self-checkout because I want control over what goes where.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I usually put the bag on the belt followed by what I want in that bag then goes the next bag and so on. My OCD in high gear.
    I've not gone quite this far, but I always put the blocky heavy stuff first on the conveyor so that it will theoretically go into the bag first. It took all my restraint not to leap over the counter the other day when the cashier reached over the heavy stuff and grabbed from the next tier (which was fortunately not lettuce or eggs on that particular day or there might have been an incident).

Shop Bags - TETRIS and TARDIS

I recently had a similar experience. The checkout guy asked where I got them. He loved them, especially the handles. I usually put the bag on the belt followed by what I want in that bag then goes the next bag and so on. My OCD in high gear.
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. And I make sure they put bottles or fish in the pockets. Then it's easy to swipe the pockets with some anti-bacterial stuff when I get home. I really love my shop bags. My partner kinda complained about them at first, but she's taken over the black one as her gym bag. In fact, I was using it as my gym bag and she started taking my stuff out every week and replacing it with her stuff. The black one is my favorite so I kept taking it back. But, I finally gave up last week and started using the UV one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Forum Member
    But the black shop bag goes with her Synapse 19, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiviander View Post
    But the black shop bag goes with her Synapse 19, right?
    She has a Grey/UV S19, which goes with everything!

Soon it dies.
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

I would name two dogs Tetris and Tardis....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Pokilani, I'm seeing another black shop bag in your future. I have a large and a small and love them.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Pokilani, I'm seeing another black shop bag in your future. I have a large and a small and love them.
    Um, I did buy 6 more bags. Two small in Iberian and Steel and 4 Large in Steel, Black, Iberian, and UV. I'm not bringing them out until after the new year because I wasn't supposed to buy them until then but I didn't want to risk a sellout. Because ya'll know I couldn't wait months for another restock.

Soon it dies.
    -Gwendolyn Brooks