Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Pilot

  1. #76
    Volunteer Moderator Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    2,089
    A4 is no fun in a Co-pilot. If this is an important part of your usage consider the Pilot.

  2. #77
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Don't have a copilot yet. But it is so darn cute!

  3. #78
    Forum Member scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    I'm sure a CP could fit a A4 Paper File, am I right?
    No, not really - it has external length of 300mm, which means that the interior is going to be a very tight squeeze for 297mm paper. And A4 binders are usually somewhat longer than 297mm.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 + DLBC
    Leisure: SCBs, MCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
    Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, both with SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

  4. #79
    Forum Member adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    No, not really - it has external length of 300mm, which means that the interior is going to be a very tight squeeze for 297mm paper. And A4 binders are usually somewhat longer than 297mm.
    OK, just tried. It all depends on what A4 thing you want to put into the CP. I am very surprised at this myself!

    Full pad of A4 - OK!

    Pilot-photo-1-jpg


    Full pad of A4 in a plastic folder - OK

    Pilot-photo-2-jpg


    A4 bound book - OK

    Pilot-photo-3-jpg


    A4 in A4 ring binder - NO!

    Pilot-photo-4-jpg


    But it fits fine in a Pilot.

    Pilot-photo-5-jpg


    @weirdguy - if you have in mind one of those large paper pocket folders, I think that's a no-go. But there are other options that will work well with a CP. The safest bet, however, is a Pilot.

  5. #80
    Forum Member adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,219
    Follow-up with said paper pocket folder.

    This-

    Pilot-photo-2-jpg


    Will fit into a Pilot just nicely, so it wouldn't fit in a CP for sure.

    Pilot-photo-1-jpg

  6. #81
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Earth, we share.
    Posts
    439
    Thanks everyone for your words and photos.
    Really appreciate it.

    Wow, Im surprise it could fit a Ring File too.
    I definitely couldn't go wrong with Pilot.

    As @meekasmom pointed out, Co-Pilot is still cute. I will to try on myself someday, not necessary own one.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, TT, YSS/Tall, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, MCB, OP/L
    Olive/Green: SC, SCB, DOP/M, COP/M

    BC V S1, H M2

    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

  7. #82
    Forum Member adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    As @meekasmom pointed out, Co-Pilot is still cute. I will to try on myself someday, not necessary own one.
    After using both for a day or more each, I have realised that they are quite different bags. Yeah, both can be used to pack clothes and stuff. Otherwise, the Pilot basically functions as a briefcase while the CP is this weird/cute lunch-box personal item thingy that looks doubly weird/cute if you have it in some shade of Dyneema or one of the less conventional shades of ballistic (e.g. Aubergine, Cardinal).

  8. #83
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Exactly. I couldn't have said it better. It's like the modern day lunch box. With stainless steel bento box in it, what more could you ask. Was thinking it was a great gift for someone to keep her jewelry in.

    Red. I want it in red now....I had a chance and passed. stupid. I was a TB rookie and didn't realize what I was looking at. Sound of hand slapping forehead.

  9. #84
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Earth, we share.
    Posts
    439
    Regarding my earlier post about "Steel Dyneema 400d is retiring", TB Team had responded my email that indeed Steel 400d is retiring and "on its way out"
    From the way she responded, it doesn't like they are bringing back Steel 400d. She did told me that Black Dyneema will be in the Smart Alec in the future! (Sounds kinda long in the future).

    Just for the info, Steel Dyneema/Steel of Pilot is not in the option currently. It was still listed about 10 hours ago from this post.

    Hm... Nah, I won't get CP in any time until a new Dyneema 400d is on the option. Black Dyneema is a bit awkward for such cute bag - like @adalangdon said.

    @meekasmom, it is alright. We'd been there and learning every possible way now.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, TT, YSS/Tall, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, MCB, OP/L
    Olive/Green: SC, SCB, DOP/M, COP/M

    BC V S1, H M2

    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

  10. #85
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    292
    Cutest in Nordic blue, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Regarding my earlier post about "Steel Dyneema 400d is retiring", TB Team had responded my email that indeed Steel 400d is retiring and "on its way out"
    From the way she responded, it doesn't like they are bringing back Steel 400d. She did told me that Black Dyneema will be in the Smart Alec in the future! (Sounds kinda long in the future).

    Just for the info, Steel Dyneema/Steel of Pilot is not in the option currently. It was still listed about 10 hours ago from this post.

    Hm... Nah, I won't get CP in any time until a new Dyneema 400d is on the option. Black Dyneema is a bit awkward for such cute bag - like @adalangdon said.

    @meekasmom, it is alright. We'd been there and learning every possible way now.

  11. #86
    Forum Member RhoFro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    186
    I'm sure someone already mentioned this since I'm behind on Forum reading, but the Co Pilot is now offered in Coyote. Maybe coming soon in the Pilot? Then I'll really have to ponder whether I'll hold out for a parapack option or take the plunge.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •