However, I also have a unicorns-and-rainbows wish: dark brown ballistic. I do love Dyneema, but I hold a special place in my heart for ballistic nylon and think it would be an excellent addition to the line-up, especially matched with Wasabi Dyneema (see? Even that wish, floating as it is in the firmament, is tempered by the realism of that which already exists, and in strong supply).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AND the Cork Archetype, while I am at it!
(Apologies, btw, to the person(s) who took these pics. I found them thru Google Images and used without permission...or profit.)
Last edited by taminca; 02-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.
"Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
-- David Whyte
pouches were available, although they were sized for the Kindle Keyboard, because I used to use this for my Kindle, and still have a Cocoa Ultrasuede pouch this color, but now I see they are sold out (I'm sure this link was active at the end of last year):
The post is from a thread called Kindle Paperwhite? Which pouch do you use? in the Just for Registered Members forum, so I had to copy the link to the attachment to let unregistered users see it, but there are a few more pictures in that thread.
New TOM BIHN Sleeves for Amazon Kindle thread. The pouches seen in person look better than the colours in the photos. I also have these.
I'm practicing bad forum etiquette right now by posting before I read the current posts... but I wanted to get my list out there before I forget, and there are a whole lot of posts in this thread.
My Wish List:
* A longer knitting tools pouch or two that will fit my 9" needles (don't quite fit in the size 3 9.5" pouch) and my 13" needles (Aubergine, if you please!)
* Purple Strapeez
* Packing cubes in Ultraviolet
* Swift and Little Swift in Aubergine/Aubergine/Ultraviolet
* Key Strap in 16-inch Iberian Dyneema
* Key Strap in 16-inch Steel Dyneema (When paired with the 3D cube, it's a cute little purse, but currently the cubes only have ultraviolet, wasabi, and solar matching straps)
* Western Flyer in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
* Cord Zipper Pulls that have long enough cords to weave them through existing zipper pulls on all bags. (I find that some zipper pulls are short enough that they work with the cords and some are not.)
* Organizer wallets and pouches with a ring instead of a clip (like how the knitting tool pouches are) so you can more easily strap it to a key strap
* Tri-Star in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
* Cache in other colors (Purple, please!)
* Co-Pilot in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
* Ultrasuede Screen Cloth in purple
* Pilot in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
So, in summary: I LOVE PURPLE. PLEASE MAKE EVERYTHING PURPLE.
It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."
I would like to also see a checkpoint friendly solution for the Brain Cells - one that can be retrofitted to existing bags. I love the protection provided by the Brain Cells and use them as "personal' carry-on items. But it would be good to be able to easily put them in a TB Bag and slide them in and out.
If the solution involves purple, so be it
Last edited by tpnl; 02-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.
TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!
^ I wonder if there is a way to engineer a "Brain Cell with Rails"...
Just remembered two more things:
* Get rid of the hook thingy inside the 3D cubes. I've attempted to use it a total of one time, and it hangs really funny. It's pretty much just in the way.
* A sling bag. I've been on a quest for a new sling bag for like 8 years now. Every one I try just isn't quite right. One strap, cross-body, vertical bag, zippered, phone pocket in the strap, comfortable, and will comfortably fit my MS Surface. Is that too much to ask? (Also make it purple on purple with purple, please. )
It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."
eBay for auction recently in Black/Steel/Spruce. (Black is the color of the side against your back, Steel is the trim portion around the zipper, and Spruce is a lovely shade of green Cordura for the main body of the bag -- mine is Plum).
You can take a look at the WANTED: Tom Bihn Buzz (old style) thread which has links (in the last post) to an old review (with somewhat washed out colours for the bags; the inset of the zipper is closer to the actual plum). That quest did end happily (although not in the color the poster wanted).
The second picture is from the 2006 Notebook review of the Archetype:
There's currently an Archetype up for auction on eBay. My guess, from the dimensions, is that this is the model that was designed for the 17" MacBook Pro: 15.4" x 10.4" x 1.0" 6.8 pounds (from the specs for the year it was announced)
Forgot to include the eBay link:
Last edited by moriond; 02-10-2014 at 04:26 PM.