Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Skookum Dog

Forum Member
    For what you

This blog post contains one of the loveliest quote from the world's literature.

Quote Originally Posted by sofapug View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has the Skookum Dog medium Road Duffel (i.e. Doggienaut!)? I have been eyeing it ever since it came out and hoping that it can serve as a gym bag but am worried that it might be too big for that. I can't seem to find any reviews or customer photos of it on the internet. Would be really interested to see how its size compares to the Aeronaut or the Synapse 25 or Smart Alec in real life.

Of course, I am also eagerly waiting for the rumored Aeronaut Junior and the Tom Bihn gym bag. Not sure how long I can hold out for though! And Darcy also mentioned there will be a small Road Duffel in the future.
    I just got my medium Road Duffel so here it is with my Smart Alec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    I just got my medium Road Duffel so here it is with my Smart Alec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice! What do you think of the Road Duffel so far?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Forum Member
    It's official - got me some Skookum pets

I really like the mesh bags with the clip on one end. I plan to use them as organizers inside my LS and Swift, like I do with the packing cubes and SE, but without having to use key straps to secure them to my bags. I had taken the straps off several of my short keystraps, attached them to split rings which I then attached to the O-Rings of the packing cubes and SE that live inside my bags. The split rings are ugly

Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Loved the name!

I have one question... Did you choose coyote as your main color because of it characteristics or because of the animal?

Name:  2009-Coyote-Yosemite.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  153.6 KB
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-20-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    Working on issues with Aeronaut packing organizers,
    hoping for the perfect Aeronaut sidekick, a PCSB with the attachment points of the SE and the size of the EPPC!

Forum Member
    can you give us a new photo of Riley?

and when are there going to be squirrel toys? we need one. photo of dog sighting squirrel:

Name:  meeka squirrel summer 2014.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  590.4 KB

Forum Member
    Since the NIght Flight is a duffel, I thought it would be nice to mention its bigger cousins back at Skookum Dog.

Road Duffel Detail Shots

Forum Member
    That bag looks awesome. And at a great price point too!

Forum Member
    I just picked up one of the Skookum Dog mesh organizer bags to carry essentials in my hiking kit, and I am in love with it so far. The fit and finish is exceptional, the coyote color is awesome, and the feel of the mesh portion is smooth and even softer feeling than the TB 3D organizer cube (IMHO). Really neat product!

Name:  Skookum.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  128.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Loved the name!

I have one question... Did you choose coyote as your main color because of it characteristics or because of the animal?

Name:  2009-Coyote-Yosemite.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  153.6 KB

What a beautiful animal! (meekasmum your dog is beautiful too)

Forum Member

Thoughts on the Skookum Summit Bed?

Not sure where to pose questions about Skookum products, but this seems like as good a place as any.

Does anyone have experience with the Summit Bed? I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek at one of them during a Tom Bihn Factory visit before Skookum was announced, and fell in love with it. But then I saw the $400 price tag and wavered. I figured my dog Brisco could get by with cheaper offerings from pet stores.

Time may heal all wounds, but it only increases our love of Tom Bihn products. (And, by extension, Skookum products.)

I find myself looking at the cheaper dog beds in my home and noticing all of their flaws. More and more, I keep thinking about how much nicer it would be to have a Skookum Summit Bed for Brisco.

I never noticed it before, but I finally saw the video of people assembling the Summit Bed, and that has me more interested than ever. It definitely strikes me as a dog bed that is built to last, and easy to clean without falling apart. Seriously, this could be the last dog bed I ever buy for Brisco, and he's a very healthy 2 1/2 years old. (Which would save me a LOT of money and annoyance in the long run.)

So my question to my fellow forum members -- Does anyone out there have a Skookum Summit Bed for their four-legged friend? What has been your experience with it? I'm particularly interested in durability and how easy or difficult it is to clean.

I've pretty much convinced myself already, and now I just need to save up and budget some money for it. (And decide on whether I should get the Coyote or Forest color.)