Brain Bag or Smart Alec for overpacking MBA?
Just started MBA school, and I am overworked! Got the bright idea that I could drag my laptop and school books with me and study anywhere any time that I had some free time. Now I'm trying to figure out if I need to get me a Brain Bag or if a Smart Alec will do.
What I need to carry, at a minimum is:
- 12" Powerbook, power cords, and enet cable
- Wallet, keys, fat checkbook wallet
- A couple of thin binders and a legal pad
- 2-4 books (two of which are big textbooks)
- iPod, headphones, sync cable
- Big clunky cell phone
- Mints, glasses cleaner, chapstick
- A Nalgene(r) water bottle (tho I can carry it in my hand if I gotta)
Do I have a prayer of fitting this in a smart alec, or should I go Brain bag? For comparison, I already maxed out my Ogio Citicorp bag, and it's too dang heavy to carry on one shoulder. I need a backpack.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
The review, as promised...
Short version: My bag is so good, that my partner bought her own a week after I got mine. Click here for the full review.
I'd also be happy if you Tom Bihn folks linked to my review if you wanna.