Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA

I hope I haven't committed any serious crime here!

I love my Tom Bihn Brain Cell so much (I have one for my 13" macbook) that I wanted one for my netbook, too. but alas, there isn't one that fits the Asus Eee PC 1005HA.

I looked far and wide, and was unhappy with what I found on the intarwebs, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I took some measurements and bought a Vertical Brain Cell (Size 1), since it looked to be near exactly twice the size I needed for my netbook. I then proceeded to cleave it in two and repair the appendages to the best of my ability, creating two mini-Brain Cells which fit my Asus Eee perfectly.

I added some pics. Please know that if I've crossed any boundaries as far as mangling a Tom Bihn bag, it was out of my love for the quality of the brand! I was desperate to have a Tom Bihn home for my beloved netbook. :P

Also, I add a caveat that I am an extreme amateur at stitching, especially bags, so please forgive the less-than-perfect handiwork on my part.

Cheers to my fellow Tom Bihn bagfans!

K.
    Attached Images Attached Images Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA-img_0143-jpg  Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA-img_0148-jpg  Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA-img_0157-jpg  Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA-img_0165-jpg  Blasphemy? Vertical Brain Cell (size 1) cleaved in twain for Asus PC Eee 1005HA-img_0167-jpg 

Wow! What a novel solution.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)