Bummer on the one bag timeline. I'm planning a huge vacation trip for next Spring and was hoping to take a one compartment bag. Oh well, either I modify what I wanted to take to fit the Tri-Star or I'll be looking for something new. Too bad. You get so spoiled once you try quality. It's hard to "downgrade."
Double bummer. We are heading to Italy next April and will probably be on Alitalia which has a one-bag limit (no personal item) with reasonable dimensions but an 11lb limit. I will be taking my Aeronaut but was hoping for a mini-Aeronaut for my wife. She took a look at the Tri-star but prefers the large comparment to 3 small.
Originally Posted by fbrown627
We might try the Smart Alec or Patagonia Travel Duffel if this bag idea has not hatched, but my wife doesn't want backpack only due to neck/shoulder issues..
The Smart Alec is a good alternative. Here's my packing from last week:
- Western Flyer large packing cube (3 pr lightweight trousers, 2 lightweight shirts, 1 long sleeve merino top, 1 merino tee, 3 pr socks, 3 x underwear)
- Kathmandu packing cube (walking shoes)
- Kathmandu small mesh bag with laptop charger, phone charger, iPod cable
- Kathmandu toiletries bag
- Sea to Summit travel umbrella
- iPod in protective case
- Sigg water bottle
- Canon IXUS 960 camera + 2 memory cards
- Lenovo x200s laptop in Eagle Creek Pack-It bag
- small make up purse
There was still room in the top for a sweater and small hand bag. :-)