Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Imago interior pockets

It would be cool to have interior pen slots in the imago like Cafe bags have.

I actually just ordered an Imago, so this won't really affect me as much (and unfortunately, it's going to arrive here a day too late to accompany me on my next trip), but I second this thought! I never carry enough pens/pencils with me to warrant a pencil case or an organizer pouch, and I don't like them sliding around and/or poking at the sides of my bag. Obviously, it wasn't a big enough disadvantage for me not to buy one, but I still think two (or even one) pen/pencil holders would be really useful.

Volunteer Moderator
    i don't carry an imago, but i do appreciate having at least two pen pockets - one for a pen and one for lip balm.
    -m

Pen pockets are generally quite deep, though, aren't they? How do you get your lip balm out?

But I agree. Two pen pockets does seem ideal.

Volunteer Moderator
    indeed, sometimes the lip balm slips into the pocket and i have to push it up from the bottom. though, i think i have a solution - i could stack two lip balms. the one at the bottom acts as a base for the one on top, making the one on top more easily accessible.

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    Pen pockets are generally quite deep, though, aren't they? How do you get your lip balm out?

But I agree. Two pen pockets does seem ideal.
    -m

I would like to see some Tom Bihn accessories for use in (or as) pockets. Like a pocket organizer, or a removable pocket system for the main compartment that can be transferred between bags. I have the Imago and the Medium Cafe Bag. Both are excellent. I found, much to my surprise, that a multi-bag system works best for me.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    or a removable pocket system for the main compartment that can be transferred between bags.
    yes, that would be a very cool thing!

sounds like another crazy idea i saw floated here :-)
    -m