TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

GottaBeMobile.com Inkshow Video Review of the Buzz

GottaBeMobile.com Inkshow Video Review of the Buzz

There's also a contest over at GottaBeMobile.com to win a new Buzz.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

My Buzz...

I ordered a Buzz with thoughts of using it for laptop transport in conjunction with other backpack/briefcase duties. It's great! We're all familiar with the top flight quality, design, and comfort of Tom Bihn products and the link to a video review in this thread really gives a thorough evaluation of the Buzz's attributes. So, I'll add my "tweaks" in hopes of enhancing one's use of the Buzz.

Since, the Buzz is made for 15.4" MacBook size units, smaller laptops seem "a little lost" in the built-in sleeve. I have an HP tx1219, which is pretty small (12.1" screen). While the laptop compartment is padded, the computer seemed to slide around a bit, so I purchased a Bihn Soft Cell (another great product) which offers additional protection and a snugger/more secure fit. The bag has better balance and feel now.

On the other side of the sleeve in the main compartment, you can squeeze in a light change of clothes (I guess it may depend on your size. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs.) I also use a Bihn "end packing cube". Although designed for the Aeronaut, it fits almost perfectly in the Buzz. I use the cube to pack a couple of pair of underwear and socks alog with my laptop and cellphone chargers. This way, no one needs to see your undies as you access the bag and the cube can also be used to sequester the used underwear/socks on the return trip.

I also use assorted Bihn organizer pouches. No great revelations to offer, other than a mini is handy to throw spare change into before going through airport security. A small tote umbrella can be placed in the water bottle holder straps, which is handy (not my idea, but deserves repeating).

Quote Originally Posted by smp315 View Post
    I ordered a Buzz with thoughts of using it for laptop transport in conjunction with other backpack/briefcase duties. It's great! We're all familiar with the top flight quality, design, and comfort of Tom Bihn products and the link to a video review in this thread really gives a thorough evaluation of the Buzz's attributes. So, I'll add my "tweaks" in hopes of enhancing one's use of the Buzz.

Since, the Buzz is made for 15.4" MacBook size units, smaller laptops seem "a little lost" in the built-in sleeve. I have an HP tx1219, which is pretty small (12.1" screen). While the laptop compartment is padded, the computer seemed to slide around a bit, so I purchased a Bihn Soft Cell (another great product) which offers additional protection and a snugger/more secure fit. The bag has better balance and feel now.

On the other side of the sleeve in the main compartment, you can squeeze in a light change of clothes (I guess it may depend on your size. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs.) I also use a Bihn "end packing cube". Although designed for the Aeronaut, it fits almost perfectly in the Buzz. I use the cube to pack a couple of pair of underwear and socks alog with my laptop and cellphone chargers. This way, no one needs to see your undies as you access the bag and the cube can also be used to sequester the used underwear/socks on the return trip.

I also use assorted Bihn organizer pouches. No great revelations to offer, other than a mini is handy to throw spare change into before going through airport security. A small tote umbrella can be placed in the water bottle holder straps, which is handy (not my idea, but deserves repeating).
    Could you post some pictures of the Buzz with your setup looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Could you post some pictures of the Buzz with your setup looks interesting
    You grossly overestimate my talents in this digital world . I'm going out of town tomorrow, but will attempt a photo log of my set-up upon my return. Have a nice holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by smp315 View Post
    You grossly overestimate my talents in this digital world . I'm going out of town tomorrow, but will attempt a photo log of my set-up upon my return. Have a nice holiday weekend.
    Have a nice holiday too

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0